If..

MazdaMomma

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are meeting Friday just off I-64 exit 11 in Huntington, WV ( time to be determined at a later date) Time depends on when everyone can be there.

When all are there, we can eat at the Bob Evans or we can head on down to Holiday Inn Express and get those staying there checked in and then can go check in at Carter Caves. Rooms and cabins have been reserved for both nights. There is a lot going on there, so there will be lots to do. I am also planning on checking out the Pioneer Life activities... Musket shooting sounds interesting. :shifty:

We can all meet somewhere for breakfast together Saturday morning or we can fend for ourselves. That can be decided by all there.

I plan on going horseback riding some time while there. I also plan on going through a cave or two. Might even play 9 holes of golf too.

Would like to have bbq on Saturday afternoon. BHR, would like you to do the honors and cook said bbq?

Dinner at the Restaurant at Carter Caves. The food is awesome. After dinner I plan on resting and chatting with my cabin mates. Perhaps some scrabble or cards...music is a definite. Movies provided by MTS is a possibility as well.

Check out of cabins and rooms by 11 am Sunday and all can head home.

If y'all have any suggestions, let me know.

BHR, you did not let me know in time to snag a cabin. Sorry, but unless another one becomes available, you are at the Holiday Inn Express.

I am checking in day and night to catch a cancellation, so IF one becomes available, do you def want it? Cabins are 2 bedrooms with 2 double beds or 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom. If you get a cabin, you will be sharing the other room. You can have one room to yourself, but the other one can be for 2 other people.

:hmm:

According to mapquest my route takes me on i-64 for 88 miles, but not sure where exit 11 is, either way that should work, I'm going to assume this will be sometime on friday afternoon?

I will most likely be staying at the holiday inn with a paved parking lot for the millenia.

I will not be staying 2 nights though, 99% chance I will be leaving late saturday night and during back by the pale blue moonlight and custom 70w boost ballasts :shifty:

Damn straight I will be the BBQ master, but there must be a store some place near there to purchase meat and other would be needed items.

:hmm:

According to mapquest my route takes me on i-64 for 88 miles, but not sure where exit 11 is, either way that should work, I'm going to assume this will be sometime on friday afternoon?

I will most likely be staying at the holiday inn with a paved parking lot for the millenia.

I will not be staying 2 nights though, 99% chance I will be leaving late saturday night and during back by the pale blue moonlight and custom 70w boost ballasts :shifty:

Damn straight I will be the BBQ master, but there must be a store some place near there to purchase meat and other would be needed items.

Exit 11 is Hal Greer Boulevard exit also Marshall University exit or Stadium exit It is clearly marked.

Couldn't get a cabin for yourself huh? I told you they were booked solid already.

There is a store.

If there any special orders from the UK, that I can bring over, let me know and I'll start gathering things up.

Being as I won't need much clothing (just plenty of tights and a spare cape) I can make use of the space to bring stuff over.

Brings crisps..... :lol: Walkers ;) I am kidding there are stores here where we can get most things from aorund the world.

If there any special orders from the UK, that I can bring over, let me know and I'll start gathering things up.

Being as I won't need much clothing (just plenty of tights and a spare cape) I can make use of the space to bring stuff over.

Brings crisps..... :lol: Walkers ;) I am kidding there are stores here where we can get most things from aorund the world.

Including the aquavit? I am thinking of Løitens summer aquavit, great with bbq :drool:

I will be the bbq master damn it, and there will be only 2 types of bbq sauce, "old hickory" for the not so into bbq, and "open pit" for the real men. If you wouldlike something eles then bring itself.

Damn it trout, you must attend the meet, fly into DC and we shall convey to the location, all the while galloping through the night beheading those unworthy of motal existance

I will be the bbq master damn it, and there will be only 2 types of bbq sauce, "old hickory" for the not so into bbq, and "open pit" for the real men. If you wouldlike something eles then bring itself.

Damn it trout, you must attend the meet, fly into DC and we shall convey to the location, all the while galloping through the night beheading those unworthy of motal existance

Yes, the presence of the Troutman would make this historic meet complete !

This not far from me, and I've got 2 weeks of vacation saved up, so I will probably go if I can get the vacation days in.