MWM07 : MazdaWorld.net International Gathering

MazdaMomma

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carbon build up my ass.

I cannot speak for the chevy and gotto's rice racer.

doesn't have to be a millenia meet, just a mazda meet, at mwm05 we had 4 millenia's, rx-8's, a 6, and a 3

That's OK... we saw the black smoke....

Yup. Excessive idling and/ or too much low speed driving is great for carbon buildup.

I don't do low speed driving.

This should have been clear as mts and I went blazing down the highway, then clue joined in. I seem to remember a chevy and a ford doing the low speed driving.

Sometimes its idles a bit at start up, I usually give it atleast 5 minutes or more whe nI haven't started it in awhile, just to get some heat into the engine and make sure everything is good before I put it under load

No, thats what is just on top of the car. Full list for the weekend is as follows

Safari rack

32" spare

4 gallon gas tank

100ft of nylon rope

shovel

axe

hilift jack

4x4x2' blocks (x3)

tire iron

jumper cables

socket wrench set

4"x30' tow rope

1 tent

bag of charcoal

2 collapsing chairs

tarpe for tent

sleeping bag

cooler

walkie talkies

when your on the trail there almost required, if you need to talk to someone in another car, or in a group it sucks to have to make a call, wait for them to answer etc, and thats ONLY if there is cell service to begin with, most people have cb radio's, but I don't need anything like that, channel 9 is monitored by the park rangers for medical emegancy, fire, wahtever.

And at MWM07 they helped out as well

No, thats what is just on top of the car. Full list for the weekend is as follows

Safari rack

32" spare

4 gallon gas tank

100ft of nylon rope

shovel

axe

hilift jack

4x4x2' blocks (x3)

tire iron

jumper cables

socket wrench set

4"x30' tow rope

1 tent

bag of charcoal

2 collapsing chairs

tarpe for tent

sleeping bag

cooler

walkie talkies

So what? Part from the jumper cables, which I wouldn't need because I drive a quality car, I could easily bring all of that, in addition to 30 sacks of wood for the camp fire. On my trailer. Some mountain bikes too maybe? 4 of them!

NO, NO TRAILERS!!!!!!!!!

you wouldn't even get through the parking lot...seriously, when we were leaving some guy in an audi a4 was coming in, nice and slow, hit a rut in the PARKING LOT, something from his undercarriage was laying in the road after a loud pop, then he got stuck on his frame rails, pretty funny.

Although the guy I went with did hit a tree stomp, ripped off his front bumper then drove over it, and the rock incident...hmm....I believe he will be ordering rock sliders tonight as soon as he stops cursing

actually the audi was closer to us then anything, we were totally out gunned, 75% of the trucks were non street legal crazy hardcore beasts, the guy who came with me was the only stocker in the whole place, except for 2 old 1970's range rovers.

Of course other then 2 xterra's, an h3, and maybe 1 other car, we were the only ones who had interiors, let alone air conditioning etc.

and what they define as "green- stocker friendly" is total bullshit, we had to backup and turn around on atleast 5 "stocker friendly" trails because even me with a lift and 32" couldn't do it, and 5" lift with 33'+ tire wranglers were hacing a hard time.

Except for an old like 94 grand cherokee, we were the ONLY grand cherokees in the park, I think there were a few standard cherokees, but decked the fuck out, it was insane.

xedos and I talked about that at the meet, and how I explained people with even long driveways drive to get the mail. That is not what I'm talking about, I walk to my own mail, I walk around malls, and unless its 5 or more flights, I don't take the elevator, not because I want to walk, but because I hate people.

None the less, phyically it would be very very hard for many hikers to reach some spots, or take hours and hours.

Case in point, the tallest hillclimb was about 1000ft up at no less then a 30 degree incline, all over old roots, rocks, tree stumps, and branches left by the logging industry.

IPB Image