Alright Bitches

Renboy

Ever since I got my current mx6 I've had this annoying problem. During the day (headlights off) whenever I'm stopped at a light with turn signal on and brakes applied, the face of my stereo flashes to the same beat as my turns. By flashing I mean it switches between day/night modes.

Some history:

Bought the car and it had an aftermarket sony deck installed that was acting the same way. I knew the problem didn't lie with the deck, but I hate sony so it came out. Replaced it with my current JVC and the problem persisted (obviously). Since whoever the jackass was that did the wiring before me, I don't know where to start. I checked to make sure that my bulbs (taillights) were working properly and not jumping grounds from other bulbs, worked fine. Now what?

Hi,

maybe the mx6 has aftermarket bulbs in the turning light.

They might take more power than there is reserved for them and then the power reduces somewhere else (radio). high voltage id daytime and low voltage is night time.

Does it only happen to your radio, or also the boardcomputer/clock?

Hope it helped......I can't tell like this.

Suc6

Or maybe.....its a aftermarket battery (not enough amperes)

quite possible,java script:emoticon(':don:', 'smid_9')

:don:

its hard to tell from thousands of kilometers away, lol...

Maybe you should check all the radiowiring again....

And see where the power is losing.

OR

check with a multimeter with the turnlights on WHERE the voltage lowers and check that specific cable.

You might need to replace it with another one......sometimes they "burn" and there comes a black oxidation on the copper......If you see that it means power is leaking (warm area).

Replace it with a LITTLE BIT thicker wire (more power).

Hope it helped ya

C yajava script:emoticon(':lol:', 'smid_15')

:lol:

Headunits are often equipped with a separate wire for illumination, to be able to have it illuminated only when headlights are used. I'd guess this wire is hooked up to somewhere it should not be, with the interesting result you describe... The circuit providing parking lights should be used instead. Or if preferred, to the same powersource as the rest of the headunit. Just my 2c :)

Ever since I got my current mx6 I've had this annoying problem. During the day (headlights off) whenever I'm stopped at a light with turn signal on and brakes applied, the face of my stereo flashes to the same beat as my turns. By flashing I mean it switches between day/night modes.

Some history:

Bought the car and it had an aftermarket sony deck installed that was acting the same way. I knew the problem didn't lie with the deck, but I hate sony so it came out. Replaced it with my current JVC and the problem persisted (obviously). Since whoever the jackass was that did the wiring before me, I don't know where to start. I checked to make sure that my bulbs (taillights) were working properly and not jumping grounds from other bulbs, worked fine. Now what?

Did you convert your marker lights to signal?

What the heck turn signals have fluid?

maybe your just low on blinker fluid?

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=...aaf15ddbc55f3b6

Oh yeah, you didn't know? Whenever you see someones blinkers flashing really fast there low of fluid, if your really cheap you can put it in your flux capasitor instead of fluxing fluid, pretty much the same stuff.

WHAAA, lol

fluid for the blinkers......Thats something new.

Thnx for telling.

Where do you put this fluid???

Never saw/heard of it.

LoL........If I was an engineer (I am)..........I would use some pulse-chips or something like that or Bi-metal. Bi-metal IS used for pinkers nowadays (thats the ticking sound). It exist of a circuit with a little segment made our of 2 soft metals. The one is rather hard and the other is soft and when it warms up it bends. The two are sticked to eachother. When one bends the other one also bends and the signal stops (no light) and when they cool down they stretch again and the signal works again (light on). So It does like this, but really fast. Thats how it comes the blinkers go on/off when you turn them on. Well.......thats how I've learnt (saw) it.

Sorry for my poor english....I just woke up........lol

Move your connections for primary and ignition on the stereo directly to your ignition harness, your radio ground should be direct chassis IIRC. You're going to bypass all the different ground return paths from the other relays, circuits, etc. in the car by having a more direct power source. Extend a couple wires, solder, and problem solved, should take you maybe 20 minutes at most.

Fuck. I could even find "how to change" instructions:

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinker...nkerfluid1.html

Products, actually synthetic :)

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=...p;products_id=6

Troubleshooting:

http://www.lesjones.com/posts/002878.shtml

A quotation from that last one:

"Older cars, especially foreign makes, require special blinker fluid. Using regular DOT 3 fluid will eat out the seals and require a blinker cylinder rebuild."

BHR man you fooled me. From now on I will double check your saying :):ricefight:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...