Alright Time For A New Setup..

Mase64

Alright.. I need some input on speakers and crap...

Im going Double Din TV for the front so thats good..

Alpine speakers all around?.. or what.. Amps as well... mmm

Money ehh not really a problem.. jsut looking for a good setup.. My BOSE are shot and ratteling now.. :(

soo time for new stuff

it depends on the year

the rears are definitely 6x9

but the front depends on the year.

on mine (95) the doors are a strange size like a 4 or something, and the in dash is about 2.75, so i havn't bothered replacing the front yet since i'll probably have to do some cutting for the doors and you can barely hear the center speaker, so i don't think its worth replacing.

i think the later models might be 5.25 or 6.5 in the door, but im not sure.

i thought about doing the same, the front doors are very strange, if you have the same ones as mine. They are only 4 inches across or so, and are mounted by 3 screws instead of 4, so to fit in any other speaker you'll have to do some modifying. I plan on doing it to mine, but dont know exactly what i want to do with it yet. Here is what they look like:

IPB Image

IPB Image

i think with some cutting 5x7's could fit, or a 5.25 which probably would sound better.

also, the earlier years are great for the rear speakers, all you need to do is pop out the box in the center, remove the 4 screws and then there should be 8 clips, two on each side and 4 in the center that all need to be popped out and the shelf will lift out and your speakers will be right there. on the newer models you need to remove the rear seats.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...