Kat_Daddy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glass:

1. dampen a piece of cloth with water+dishwasher soap+vinegar

2. wipe the glass

3. dry it with newspaper (should be low quality and dyed, just use plain newspaper)

After that they are so clean that someone should tell how to get rid of small small scratches?

What about tires bhr?

Why do you use same clay on wheels and windows? Windows are more precious than wheels.. So they deserve same clay that you use on paint..

rain-x is a piece of shit.

I have some older clay that I use on my wheels and windows, then wax. It makes the tint look barely darker, but it adds that liquid look I'm fond of

no no no.

actually, the wheels are more important, glass is easy to replace and will always be new, a single rim will cost more then a new windshield and be harder to find, let alone being used.

also you NEVER EVER use the same clay on glass and wheels as you do paint. I'm sure some people do, but among true detailers, and pretty much as a requirement of most detailing clubs and forums, its forbidden.

Alot builds up on the windshield a large surface that the most air hits, front bumper is also bad, but its not as big a surface area, but its much harder unlike the paint finish, wheels also have a hard finish, but a good claybar will remove subborn brake dust you may not even know is there.

BUT, for example if you drop your clay on the ground, you should never ever use it on paint again, but for glass and wheels its ok.

This appears a fairly new product, and over $35 for a bottle here!

IPB Image

Product Details

After 10 years of research and development into advanced polymer chemistry, Meguiar's has created a wax powered by Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) technology. The result is the most advanced synthetic protectant available for today’s modern paint finishes. Our ESP technology eliminates fine scratches and swirls and leaves your finish deeper, wetter, shinier and more reflective. For unsurpassed application results, we recommend applying NXT Generation Tech Wax with our Even-Coat Applicator or Applicator Pad and removing the residue with a Microfibre Polishing Cloth or 100% Terry Towelling Cloth.