Fading Black Plastic

Troutman

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush:

I haven't done it yet Frank. It has been a crazy week.

Plus, it has been cold as hell here. I have gotten home after dark too, so that doesn't help.

One more weekend and I should have the time again.

I might do it this Sunday since I am off surprisingly. I am still on call, but do not have to report in. Hopefully, it will be warmer too. I really need to clean out the cars and get them washed.

it can aid

althought if your referring to wax, its a pain the ass.

what I have started doing is giving the wax about 20 minutes to haze afterfirst applied, then I use a terry cloth to get a large primary layer of everything off, the I give that panel another 20 minutes or however long it takes me to do the other panels, then come back and finish buffing with the final cloth. seems to work alittle bettere

Yes I was referring to wax, I am pleased to note your method is similar to the one I have devised.

Now, I purchased what I am 99% sure is the same Mother's product today, but with a different name, Naturally Black. I noticed today when I picked it up from Autobarn, it had the product name listed as 'Back to Black' on the aisle. I'm meanwhile trying to get the new version of Quik Detailer too but no luck yet.

Anyway, this gives me a good opportunity to directly compare it to the Meguiars on the Corolla's big black bumpers.

IPB Image

That appears to be the same bottle design, just a slightlt different name, however if both were on the shelf, I would have chosen the original. Shake well and it should appear as a milky almost snot like substance.

I have tried the new quik detailer myself, the gold class I believe in the black bottle, results are good, but not much more then the original.

-The Joker

Excellent, well I just want the new Quik Detailer for when my current one runs out - call me a perfectionist. I think the original is an incredible product as a matter of fact.

Anyway, just for your assurance, compare these descriptions:

Back-to-Black®

As your ride’s exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors — bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that’s plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

Mothers Naturally Black

As your vehicles exterior ages, rubbers, plastics and vinyl exterior hardware will dry, crack, perish and deteriorate due to oxidation and weathering. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Naturally Black. This treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors including bumpers, bumper strips, door handles, moldings, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts , wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Naturally Black can be applied to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to bring back the new factory sheen Re-treat exterior hardware regularly will keep that brand new look

• 2 weeks later...