Mw08

Jdubs99

Is it ever too early to start planning? I thought I might set this up to get the momentum going. It seems like we have a push to add membership, and a big meet is a cornerstone to look to. I guess as far as planning is concerned, we could start discussing location, events, food, attractions, lodging, etc.

The meet was as good as my key west vacation, it's great putting faces to names. I wish I had stayed in a cabin at MW07 to add the drunken NKY factor. Driving 70 miles for a six pack was shitty, but at least I paid 22 bucks to see shrek 3 and wild hogs, and a great memory. MW07 was great, I got cultural perspectives from 3 countries, and got to meet some fellow hardcore Mazda people. I'd like to see some 3s, 6s, proteges, RX8s in the new year. I was also thinking maybe stretch it out a couple more days. There's nothing better than commiserating in hangover, seeing new mazdas, checking out new original mods, hanging out with the crew, and saying fuck work for a few more days.

Indeed, should have stayed at the cabins...boring ass hotel.

I would like MWM08 to be around the same, but more people, I would certainly enjoy many international members, but don't expect people to randomly fly here every year, and xmax is still stewing.

I will say right now, that if the meet is with in 300 miles I will drive, and if planned early enough I would consider flying for an international meet. where attendence would be high.

It has been suggested by a few to have the meet in the same location, or central US and go some more cabins for a weekend or so, which I'm in favor of.

this meet should be closer to the tristate area.... a drive of no more than 4 hours for me. maybe something in south eastern PA or better yet in the Pocono's. We could rent a cabin or 2 or 3 or something that would sleep 6 in each and have a big meet. But we should invite more than the usual millenias. we need more vehicles!

If in the same location, that would be cool.

However, I would reserve the cabins WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY early. They did fill up fast and I had to call every day to secure a second one when it was determined that it would be needed.

I unfortunately, will not be able to attend one next year. In 2009 though, I should be able to.

Many years ago it was suggested to have a meet at ocean city maryland since I was living there for the summer.

I'm not sure how far of a drive it would be for most, about 3 hours for me, we could get a small house on the beach or something, although this would damn sure result in the Jeep with sand and what not...or maybe a drop top ferrari.

A winter meet somewhere in pa, or maybe even the tip of wv would be interesting, get 1-2 cabins in the mountains in early jan, go snowboarding or skiing, more of a mini-meet I suppose, but still

First things first, we need to start reaching out to some other Mazda communities online to recruit, and also do some local recruiting. I would set up recruitment officers by area to get local members, and online officers to start connecting with some other mazda people.

• 1 month later...