Sirius And Xm Merger Imminent

Jdubs99

I recieved an email today urging all shareholders to vote on the merger via website or telephone. This means that the FCC has offered an approval based on shareholder input. I wish I could squeeze money out of a stone right now and invest it.

I actually do hole about 100 shares of XM stock, I'm still waiting to see how this all goes.

My biggest concern is that I really don't like siruis, and frankly, I hate sports and news channels which seem to be building up. I got XM for the MUSIC channels, I can go between whatever I want, and its not 3-4 decades crammed on 1 station.

Most importantly is XM82 The System, there simply are no electronic stations in the U.S, let alone good ones, and to top it off, its main DJ is zoltar who brought his show to it, best it can be.

If 80-84 go, my contract will be cancelled

I suggest you give the electronic channels on Sirius a try. Boombox has the best programming I've heard. Chill is also a good channel.

Sirius gives prospective member a 3 day trial membership.

Sirius has a revolving channel dedicated to The rolling stones, the who, and the grateful dead so far. Lithium 24 is the best 90s alternative station I've ever heard. I've had both, and Sirius is the better of the two IMO.

I do admit I found my electronic music tracks to download on XM however.

Well, the howard stern second in command might be leaving sirius. Bubba's agent is so far unsuccessful in negotiating a contract with the beancounters at channel 101.

As for the merger itself, it's taking longer than most telecom mergers have taken 5 fold. The DOJ and FCC have still yet to make a ruling. It's starting to smell like a powerplay by those in Washington that support limited free speech and conservative fundamentalist backing. Pretty sad considering that both XM and Sirius have channel blocking. Both companies are raking themselves over the coals to trump each other, almost to the point of collapsing the industry. One argument is that a single provider represents a monopoly. The counter argument is that satellite is a pay service, with multiple avenues for recieving over the air entertainment. Howard has said he believes that the NAB has been running a successful lobbying campaign. Traditional FM broadcasters have suffered a major loss in ad revenue with the popularity of downloadable media and satellite. Makes sense. Both companies may be short lived if the process is delayed or is denied.

I was one of the very first people to have XM radio, and I mean very first. At first I didn't like the idea of paying for radio that was free all my life, but it ad xm82 which was something I couldn't get on regular radio or even on cd in most places in the U.S, and no commericals.

In the beginning it was 1-2 talk shows in the moring only, a weather station, a traffic station, and that was it.

Now about 1/3rd of the stations do have commercials, there pushing sports and talk shows and taking away music channels, tis disgusting.

You are paying for it just like cable, cursing is fine, parents should monitor is the same way as cable, tis no big deal.

however, if XM82 is changed in anyway shape or form I will be gone.

And what I can't stand, combining them I promise ill still be paying the same or more, and instead of about 40 channels of music (realistical) and 20-30 or news and talk and sports, it'll double.

What I wish I could do is pick and choose the channels I want, everything over 150 GONE.