Millenia's Xedos9 In Belgium

Shinta786

are you guys talking about that one FORD SCORPIO with those circle like headlights and a long line as taillight?

Ford Introduced the Scorpio on 1st October 1994 and it's perhaps an understatement that it didn't go down too well. The Press had a field day with it's unusual front end styling and in the Saloon version at least it's bustle rear end. However Ford had always been leading the way in styling back to the launch of the Ford Sierra that came in for similar criticism, but went on to become a classic design and accepted by almost everyone. Things actually came full circle as Quentin Willson from the BBC's Top Gear suggested that the Scorpio was his most recommended second hand Executive car purchase - and who are we to argue?

Today the Scorpio makes an ideal choice as a second-hand vehicle - fully loaded and engineered to last they are available at half the cost of a comparable BMW or Mercedes - and a lot more exciting.

Targeted directly at the Executive market (£20k-£30k) Ford wanted to take on the fleet of BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles parked in the Management parking spaces of European companies. In this respect they failed miserably but that is our gain because what they created was one of the all time great Ford cars that everyone loved to hate. Find someone who actually sat in one or drove one and you will find a convert. Remember that even if you don't like the way they look - you can't see it from the driving seat!

Whether you want the slower but more economical 2.0 or the great all-rounder 2.3 there is a model to suit you and your pocket. If you really want to experience the car then we cannot recommend the 2.9 24V highly enough - powered by Cosworth, driven by You.

this one?

http://www.fordclubpolska.org/images/galer...ord_scorpio.jpg

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/images/img_0267.jpg

It was quite a lot driven around here and it was called Fords most reliable car.

I just don't really like the shape of it....it looks so....serious and funny

BUT, it drives nice! I drove it once when I read articles about it.

The Mazda X9 is better ...

Mazda is worth more.....Ford is worth nothing

http://www.2dehands.be/scorpio-2-5-tdi-420...html?qq=scorpio

Bear in mind TopGear produces automotive entertainment, and this was really amusing :D

Today the Scorpio makes an ideal choice as a second-hand vehicle This is a classic :clap:

This is the verdict from a swedish magazine, NOT intended to be funny; I did the translation:

If you absolutely have to buy a Ford Scorpio, try to find one with as little extras as possible. Because there are less items to break.

On a related note, this is their verdict about the Camry 2,2, which I drove at the time and therefore also regard as a classic:

The Camry is like a Ford Scorpio, though good.