Mazda Xedos 9 Se 5-speed 4 Sale

Shinta786

I believe you did. You also claimed you run on hydrogen from some magic homemade source. Which I also found hard to believe... One thing is for sure- a stock 2,0 will not do 247 km/h.

Its not stock remember, its slightly modded. More than 160HP, stock is 143HP.

The hydrogen was removed 2 months ago because the CT didn't approve the use of it.....those guys really.... :mad:

So much effort was lost with a mouse click...

I believe its more than possible to go up to 247kmh.....if you guys don't, then keep on not believing me untill you guys explode,lol :tongue: . I will not go once again up to that speed, NEVER!

167 HP, 5 gears, 1315kg, drag 0.29, 0-100 in 7.8secs hydrogen was installed when top speed tested, .............., c'mon guys!

never mind.....its not like I am going to win some money with it...

We almost had a virtual fight last time and I don't want that to happen again.

If you guys don't believe me, FINE Don't, only I know what this car really can do....

My brothers 00 xedos has a blank cap there, I have a trunk opened. I also have a button on remote. Not sure if this is 01-02 or all millenia.

I can confirm the 99-00 Millenia has a trunk button on the remote as well.

The Xedos has only two buttons on the remote, and a pushbutton on the trunklid, where the key also goes. I prefer this solution. Having to open the drivers door to open the trunk is hardly convinient. I remember hating that solution in my old 929, which of course had no remote. What a bunch of boneheads, those deciding that solution.

My brothers 00 xedos has a blank cap there, I have a trunk opened. I also have a button on remote. Not sure if this is 01-02 or all millenia.

I can confirm the 99-00 Millenia has a trunk button on the remote as well.

The Xedos has only two buttons on the remote, and a pushbutton on the trunklid, where the key also goes. I prefer this solution. Having to open the drivers door to open the trunk is hardly convinient. I remember hating that solution in my old 929, which of course had no remote. What a bunch of boneheads, those deciding that solution.

I always use remote as seen in my the dirty keyhole picture :). I think this is better since you have to remove the keys from your pocket anyways if its locked. With remote you dont deal with putting the key to the small hole. Actually i dont even take the keys out.

I always use the remote too, the trunk is of course hooked up to the central locking so whenever the car is unlocked the trunk button can be pushed to open the trunk, instead of searching the pockets for a 4 button remote AND find the right button (I of course triggered the alarm instead), while carrying whatever items to put in the trunk. I am VERY pleased with the Xedos solution in comparison. The trunk opener and the stupid, noisy phatass steering coloumn lift was the most annoying with the Millenia. I was like WTF every time that tilt motor started; what's wrong now? :rolleyes: I am sooo pleased with my telescopic coloumn.

Since I was taking pictures:

IPB Image

Wow I should clean that key hole...

YES

that's the button I am taking about, So when you press it, will the trunk open completely or will it just pop up?

Do they close automatically too?

I really want a car where EVERY button has an option, its annoying to see empty buttons.

that's the button I am taking about, So when you press it, will the trunk open completely or will it just pop up?

Just pop up like a cm or less. Not like crappy camry trunk that doesnt wanna close.

Do they close automatically too?

Nope. It will be too much for millenia.

In North America only old people (I dont wanna use that word here) I saw using that feature.

Well you can do doors close itself like 7-series :)

nice,

close itself is also good. How would you make such installation? I often have the problem that the doors remain 5mm open and so the light in the dashboard flashes. If its my door, thats no prob, but if it is a door in the back....you have to get out (even in rain) and close it again....pfff.

I have a question about the automatic gearbox. I have bought the new 2.3i and the gearbox sais PRN3D2S1L, thats Park Reverse Neutral Drive and whats the S and L for? and the 3 2 1? There is a hold button on the gear poke, how does that work? Should there be a button next to the TCS button too? there is a empty button in my car.

Is it allowed to switch gears while rolling? Like going back out of parking and putting the car in drive without braking to a stop?

Is it normal that the seats don't heat up when you switch on seat heating? Its just the coldness which vanishes, but it doesn't get warm. And the seat massage stops after 3min. The previous owner cut the remote off, but he wiring is still there and it works, but only for 3 min.

I never drove an automatic before, but I can say 1 thing for sure, the 0-100kmh of my 2.0 is better than the 0-100kmh of the Miller. I expected more of a 211hp engine. It goes fine until 110, then it revives past 140. Between 110-140 its kinda slow, normal?

I also hear a clapping sound sometimes from the dashboard, the prev. owner said its the thermostat. When the car is on desired temp it starts clapping (measuring temperature)??? Is that true? It sounds weird.

The mirrors clap in when engine off and flip open when on, but sometimes they go beyond the point they should stop. any solution?

Thats it for now.....I haven't noticed more yet.

I only drove the car twice.

nice,

close itself is also good. How would you make such installation? I often have the problem that the doors remain 5mm open and so the light in the dashboard flashes. If its my door, thats no prob, but if it is a door in the back....you have to get out (even in rain) and close it again....pfff.

It will be too much to hassle even if its possible. Put some grease to door hinges. My doors close themselves with a little push :)

I have a question about the automatic gearbox. I have bought the new 2.3i and the gearbox sais PRN3D2S1L, thats Park Reverse Neutral Drive and whats the S and L for? and the 3 2 1? There is a hold button on the gear poke, how does that work? Should there be a button next to the TCS button too? there is a empty button in my car.

Congrads! D is drive, the regular gear that you should use.

These are the allowed gears with different combination:

D: 1,2,3,4,OD

S:1,2,3

L:1,2

D+hold: 2,3

S+hold:2

L+hold:1

The shifting points of the gears are also different. Typically you use D+hold in heavu traffic that doesnt stop but slow. That way it doesnt shift all around, only 2 to 3 shift. But it may heat the tranny more, be careful. Others you can use when there is snow. Depending on what you wanna do. There is TCS OFF switch next to selector. On the left there is a small hole. You can remove the cap and use a screw driver to release the selector in case it is stuck (never happened to me).

Is it allowed to switch gears while rolling? Like going back out of parking and putting the car in drive without braking to a stop?

Some do that. I think it is looking for trouble. You should completely stop than shift.

Is it normal that the seats don't heat up when you switch on seat heating? Its just the coldness which vanishes, but it doesn't get warm. And the seat massage stops after 3min. The previous owner cut the remote off, but he wiring is still there and it works, but only for 3 min.

Its not normal. I dont have heated seats so someone else can reply. Massage??

I never drove an automatic before, but I can say 1 thing for sure, the 0-100kmh of my 2.0 is better than the 0-100kmh of the Miller. I expected more of a 211hp engine. It goes fine until 110, then it revives past 140. Between 110-140 its kinda slow, normal?

I cant say about 100-140. But 0-100 i could do 7.5secs. You said you do 8.6 or something.

I also hear a clapping sound sometimes from the dashboard, the prev. owner said its the thermostat. When the car is on desired temp it starts clapping (measuring temperature)??? Is that true? It sounds weird.

Its not normal.

The mirrors clap in when engine off and flip open when on, but sometimes they go beyond the point they should stop. any solution?

I thought folding mirrors dont have an auto function. Or at least my brothers xedos doesnt. We dont have folding mirror in NA.

Shinta, your cars seems to have features previously unknown here.

Like, my Xedos has button operated folded mirrors. If they act, you need new ones. The motor is like a wiper motor, supposed to stop at a certain point. And massage chairs? Sorry sir, another story I don't buy.

The seat heaters takes their time and don't get very hot, but definitely hot enough after 5 minutes to be certain they are working. If you're unsure it is not working. Very common issue.

I engage D while backing or R while driving forward, but only a split second before stopping fully, to eliminate the delay of engagement. But NEVER engage P before fully stopped!

I sometimes use D+hold during warmup or rush hour traffic. I also use hold to prevent continous up-and-downshifts during inclines and towing, as well as during spirited driving to keep the KL singing. Use of hold is not harmful unless you're abusive to your car, like revving beyond red AND shifting. I never allow shifting beyond 6800 rpm. That at least feels harmful. I do however rev beyond 7k without shifting on occasions because I love to hear the engine sing.

I never allow shifting beyond 6800 rpm. That at least feels harmful. I do however rev beyond 7k without shifting on occasions because I love to hear the engine sing.

2.3 redline starts at 6k and to date it was very serious to me about it :) Never able to pass 6k (never tried very hard though).

Shinta, your cars seems to have features previously unknown here.

Like, my Xedos has button operated folded mirrors. If they act, you need new ones. The motor is like a wiper motor, supposed to stop at a certain point. And massage chairs? Sorry sir, another story I don't buy.

I don't think I will buy new ones, they seem expensive. There is also a button to open and close them, but when the key in inserted they also automatically open en when the key is removed they also automatically close.

And the chair: The mark of the system is "Casada" massage systems and there is even a warranty paper with it. 3 years warranty starting from 24 March 2001. Installation done somewhere in Gent.

Maybe the prev owner didn't took the option from Mazda, but from Casada? Never heard of the company though.

The seat heaters takes their time and don't get very hot, but definitely hot enough after 5 minutes to be certain they are working. If you're unsure it is not working. Very common issue.

I have to check this one

I engage D while backing or R while driving forward, but only a split second before stopping fully, to eliminate the delay of engagement. But NEVER engage P before fully stopped!

I sometimes use D+hold during warmup or rush hour traffic. I also use hold to prevent continous up-and-downshifts during inclines and towing, as well as during spirited driving to keep the KL singing. Use of hold is not harmful unless you're abusive to your car, like revving beyond red AND shifting. I never allow shifting beyond 6800 rpm. That at least feels harmful. I do however rev beyond 7k without shifting on occasions because I love to hear the engine sing.

And what about the S and L? Can I switch from S to L or to D while driving?

You can switch to S and L while driving but keep in mind the gears. If you are doing 150km/h would you switch to L (2nd gear)? Being reasonable, you can switch. Definitely if you shouldnt shift to R going forward. As a rule of thump, you shouldnt push the shift selector button while changing gears unless you are at complete stop. It will not shift to R if you dont push the button.

Try pushing hold at 100km/h, it will shift down to 3rd and you have more power. This is typical usage for hold. However you can depress the accelerator, it will shift down to 3rd as well.

Typically it takes a second to fully shift to gear in electronic auto trannies.

You can switch to S and L while driving but keep in mind the gears. If you are doing 150km/h would you switch to L (2nd gear)? Being reasonable, you can switch. Definitely if you shouldnt shift to R going forward. As a rule of thump, you shouldnt push the shift selector button while changing gears unless you are at complete stop. It will not shift to R if you dont push the button.

Try pushing hold at 100km/h, it will shift down to 3rd and you have more power. This is typical usage for hold. However you can depress the accelerator, it will shift down to 3rd as well.

Typically it takes a second to fully shift to gear in electronic auto trannies.

OK,

so if I get it correctly: I can start in S and shift while driving into L and then D, or D>L if in correct speed, but I shouldn't use the shift selector while driving. Alright!

This can't be too difficult.

So btw to go back to the original reason of this thread.

I still can't choose yet which car I should keep, the 2.0 or the 2.3.

If anyone of you is interested in one of em, please tell me. Remember, I am in Belgium. And if anyhow someone of you buys my 2.0 or 2.3 you guys may ask the buyer to confirm my "unbelievable" stories, lol.