It Can't Be That Clean

///BHRpowered

Son of a bitch, as I have said before, when proper gas and maintanence happens you don't build up carbon.

So its a nice warm day, I had a can of seafoam and decided to give it a try. Through the PVC hose I measured out half a can, poured it in slowly, engine struggled but didn't stall, towards the bottom I let it suck it all up and die out "suspending it" I waited 17mins as described in threads, and yes it was alittle hard to get started but then NOTHING.

you hear me, NOTHING. I thought it would make alittle bit of smoke while pouring but it didn't. After restarting I let it idle for a 20 seconds, blipped the throttle and still nothing, alittle more and nothing.

Yes the car was nice and hot before I started all this but still. Then I went on a high throttle drive, NOTHING. No increase in power, idle remains the same, infact if anything the engine seems slightly louder at idle which is kind of annoying.

God damn seafoam.

Oh btw, this was in the Jeep.

There was no mention of it in the guide.

It was idling for most of it, but I did maybe 1/3rd of what was added at say 2-2500 rpms just so I could pour more in without it stalling. None the less it sucked up the last bit and died out, let it sit and nothing

the slightly louder at idle is going to be a problem through, especially for times when I sleep in the car in winter on extra long roadtrips. I would have liked to have seen atleast something for my efforts. I added one can to the gas tank last week, but thats it.

I was going to add the 2nd half of the can to the oil before I change it, but now I'm not sure ill bother

• 1 month later...

I think there is nothing wrong with the way you did. I did it with high idle and regular idle, I got smoke in both. Only thing is if engine were cold but you already mentioned. I do it with the aerosol can, much easier and safer. I waited 30 mins.

BTW did you get a CEL in jeep? Milly didnt give me any codes which is annoying. The hell PCV system is completely off, idle sucks and there is no codes??

http://www.aa1car.com/library/pcv.htm :

On many 2002 and newer vehicles with OBD II, the OBD II system monitors the PCV system and checks the flow rate once during each drive cycle. But on older OBD II and OBD I systems, the PCV system is NOT monitored. So a problem with the PCV system on a pre-2002 vehicle probably won't turn on the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) or set a diagnostic trouble code (DTC).

There is enough vacuum in the PCV hose to collapse ANYTHING but vacuum hose. I have re-enforced silicone on the oil catch can I installed... and it is sucked flat. Need to run some hard line, as it is a 1/2" system.