Trouble Codes

P0170 and P0173 are back along with a P1794. Injectors?

If I remember right, the P0170 and P0173 are usually vacuum related if appearing together. P1794 is ECM B+ voltage low. That is a strange code, I would just start by checking the voltage on the battery with and without the engine running, if its is within normal range, just erase it and see if it comes back.

I doubt it's the battery, replaced it with an optima when i bought the car two and a half years ago. I'll check the vacuum system tomorrow. I've got brass Ts on the way from McMaster-Carr, buying new vacuum tubing tommorow, and the new VCG is in my toolbox. The engine has been bogging down for awhile now, but no trouble code. I did the DIS test on each ignition module with a Fluke meter, and found no resistance issues (unless i need to use an analog meter). Spark plugs looked ok. Trying find the problem through process of elimination.

I doubt it's the battery, replaced it with an optima when i bought the car two and a half years ago. I'll check the vacuum system tomorrow. I've got brass Ts on the way from McMaster-Carr, buying new vacuum tubing tommorow, and the new VCG is in my toolbox. The engine has been bogging down for awhile now, but no trouble code. I did the DIS test on each ignition module with a Fluke meter, and found no resistance issues (unless i need to use an analog meter). Spark plugs looked ok. Trying find the problem through process of elimination.

If the voltage regulator in the alternator goes bad it could be putting out an incorrect voltage, like 15V or 10V, that would charge the battery to that voltage also, and could cause that code. But if that checks out I would just erase and wait, that code has only come up a handful of times that I have been able to find, and the only real possibilities are a bad voltage, bad wires, bad ground, or bad ECM. So it is not a very good one to have to troubleshoot.

I double checked and found that the other two codes are almost always vacuum problems when together.