Need Help!!!! - Picture Up

Ikstej24

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rustton what do you mean by "huge dull areas"

I myself do not use the nxt gen on the millenia because for some reason its much harder to apply and does not provide as great a shine as there professional line of wax.

it does however work WONDERS for metalic paint

I couldn't tell you without seeing it, but it seems like you may not have buffed it enough. when I buff my car it may look clean to the naked eye, but I have a special low level work light, single filiment that I glide across the surface about 9 inchs above, following the reflection, if its straight and true and you can see the filiment clearly, its done, if it appears blurry, then your not done, even though it may look fine to the naked eye in all other lights.

this results in dull areas with more wax build up.

My advice to you would be wash it, claybar it, pick up some Zymol paint cleanser, NOT paint cleaner.

then reapply an extra thin coat of wax and see how it looks.

I further confirm this since its the hood and the hardest to buff completly clear

Thanks BHR....I will try to see if I can get a picture of it that shows the problem. Is there anyway that I may have buffed it too hard recently and have been wearing off the clear coat? It looks incredably shiny and then goes to dull in what looks like "islands"

florescent light is actually the WORST light for detailing, because it is cloudy and lights everything evenly it hides imperfections as well as masking where more buffing is needed. The best method is what bhr described above, a semi dim single light bulb where you can follow the reflection focusing your eye on the filiment itself, its a chrisp clear wire that lights up, so when the line is blurred, you know your not done.

I recommend buffing some more (if its still clean) washing and claybarring then, a light coat of wax with something OTHER the nthe nxt wax. perhaps the meguiers quik wax spray. a very light "maintance" cost. If this does not solve the problem it could be something in the clear itself

-The Joker

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys....Meguiars Clay Bar, Zymol paint cleaner, Meguiars NXT (went on a lot easier this time around) and all of the smudges are gone.

I really appreciate the input. That is why we come here....quality information. I just hope that I can add as well.

Now I just have to do the rest of the car like that

I use the nxt gen for the jeeps

I use THIS for my m3 (outside more)

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-liquid-car-wa...aze-Cleaner-Wax

and I use the above and this for the millenia, not 9500 dollars, but still expensive as far as waxes go

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-liquid-car-wa...Polymer-Sealant

the only thing that sucks is twice a year I strip it off to replenish naturally oils in the paint to keep the depth and original paint shine

the professional brand is not sold in many stores at all, I normally buy all my meguiars online as shipping is pretty damn cheap, its fast, well packed, and frankly, I get wicked piss when stores can't kee p up with my demand.

Try the cleaner wax first. I mean frankly the nxt gen is just crap. I tried it on the millenia when it came out. it was harder to remove, required more buffing, and frankly didn't live up to its name, it fills almost the same, but is more of a dry shine like well sanded wood. My perference is a "deep wet shine" some people say its oily, some people can shut the fuck up until there cars look as good.

I think you'll be extremely happy with the professional cleaner wax

oh btw, my claybarring guide and paint prep is up