Automotive Led Bulb Types

mts

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTS, what you need to understand is that putting blue-coated bulbs in tail lights is like shining a yellowy incandescent filament through a blue filter, then through the red filter of the tail lamps. The end result would probably be no more powerful than a stock bulb, but with a hell of a lot of heat!

For reversing lights there would be no such problems, as it would be shining through a clear tail light lense.

I paid for them... I will try... it is only be trying that we learn.... besides by all BHR accounts LEDs would be rice too...

Bravo, MTS! Dare to try something new. I appreciate what you are doing as well as everyone who is willing to sacrifice so that we may all learn. :thumbup1:

I have just ordered (today) a pair of amber and a pair of red Velocity led's with the resistors. I shall report how it looks when I install them with my recently acquired 99-00 turns and tails.

no, white leds where a proper bulb would be better suited, like fogs, millenia marker lights instead, that is rice.

the soft glow of a classic halogen, when used properly reflects the feeling of an upscale lounge, like the millenia's doors, never under any condition would I change there color or bulb type

• 2 weeks later...