Automotive Led Bulb Types

mts

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:don: wow, that's some serious experimenting.

The 921s can be made to fit, but I'm sure there will be some fiddling involved, like filing down the wedge base of the bulb. Also I hope it physically fits through the hole. Will look great by the time you've got these minor issues sorted.

yeah i had to file the base on those bulbs u sent me to get them to fit

I see... come to think of it they are normally a tight fit.

Meanwhile, GOOD NEWS, Warden has just got the latest generation of products in stock.

The high power bulbs with sideways illumination at this stage are only 7440/3 and 3156/7.

IPB Image

Gimmicky but kind of cool, H3 1 watt replacement bulbs! I'm tempted for my fogs since they don't do much anyway...

IPB Image

Link: http://stores.ebay.com/warden-jp2002_H3-HB...1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

The 6-LEDs are widely available including Warden last time I checked - I used to have them for the parkers of my Ford Laser. Brilliant output for what they are, but personally I consider them too directional for 99% of applications. The stock Millenia housing is big so you do want sideways illumination. The 5-LED is the value king, or for more pricey tastes, Autolumination does what looks like a killer 194:

IPB Image

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

The question of the millenia.... :lol: which 194s??

I will take pics of course when the bulbs arrive... ;)

I have just received a tip on wheels though... a full set MSR 17s black on polished lip with low pros, and a set of snows on steel rims... both immaculate for $1200. AND they are local. NO SHIPPING. They came off a Protege5.

I'm not concerned with overall output as I'am with actual light spread. Once I can completly full out the housing as a regular bulb would I can address overall brightness. Keep in mind for brake lights the better reasoning would be a much dimmer lower setting to get a greater difference between high and low

The 6-LEDs are widely available including Warden last time I checked - I used to have them for the parkers of my Ford Laser. Brilliant output for what they are, but personally I consider them too directional for 99% of applications. The stock Millenia housing is big so you do want sideways illumination. The 5-LED is the value king, or for more pricey tastes, Autolumination does what looks like a killer 194:

IPB Image

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Remember, Trout, MTS has the Reality corners. They appear to have a much smaller housing than stock, so it may work well for him. As for the 1W H3's, they arrived today, as well as the above pictured 194's. :shifty: Will take pics as soon as I can ;)