Automotive Led Bulb Types

mts

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Admittedly, I know nothing about LED's (yet). I'm curious, are there any that are white, and retarded bright? I want to change my reverse lights, but I don't want just bright reverse lights, I want "what's that asshole doing with his highbeams on" bright. And is there any risk of melting my tails with led's? Reading through this thread everyone seems to say that the led's are dimmer than incandescent's of equal size, what's the fucking point then?

With a custom conversion involving multiple 3 and 5 watt LEDs you can have ridiculous brightness (space permitting) but such LEDs produce absurd amounts of heat so it would end up a lot of work to have it reliable.

Replacement white bulbs produce a decent amount of light (fairly competitive with incandescent) but their main difference is higher colour temperature, low current draw, instant illumination, longer theoretical lifespan etc. It is not exactly a must-have for reverse lights, unless you're me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal

200112570584 2pcs 168 194 1W High Power LED (Xenon White) Wedge Bulb 1 $6.50 USD $6.50 USD

200112884542 2pcs 1156 High Power + 24 LED (White) Stop/Tail Bulbs 1 $21.00 USD $21.00 USD

Subtotal: $27.50 USD

Shipping & Handling

(includes any seller handling fees): $3.40 USD

Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $30.90 USD

:shifty:

• 3 weeks later...