Spelling And Grammar

Miller Time

Guys, your splash page is your calling card. Your chance to make an impression. Currently it's riddled with the kind of errors a fifth grader would make.

So, how about a line edit of the entire site?

Here, I'll go first.

Before:

Mazdaworld was created with the intention of providing a home for those wishing to share and receive sound advice and opinions on there Mazda's. Anyone who might be in the market can gain insight and reviews from actual owners on nearly every model ever conceived. Most importantly to us here at Mazdaworld, members are not only allowed to, but encouraged to express exactly how they feel. You will not find this a political correct forum now nor ever. Far to many internet forums have a "big brother" staff watching over them. Here at Mazdaworld we believe that if someone tells you that 2+2=chair then you should stand up and bitch smack them. You gain new friends, and possibly new enemies, but above all, you will have fun. So go ahead, pull up a chair and join us

After:

Mazdaworld was created with the intention of providing a home for those wishing to share and receive sound advice and opinions on their Mazdas. Anyone who might be in the market can gain insight and reviews from actual owners on nearly every model ever conceived. Most importantly to us here at Mazdaworld, members are not only allowed to, but encouraged to express exactly how they feel. You will not find this a politically correct forum now nor ever. Far too many internet forums have a "big brother" staff watching over them. Here at Mazdaworld we believe that if someone tells you that 2+2=chair then you should stand up and bitch smack them. You will gain new friends, and possibly new enemies, but above all, you will have fun. So go ahead, pull up a chair and join us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time only a domain existed, but the great divide of 2006 showed a mass acceleration of future plans was needed. In order to get the site operational long before its planned service date some things were over looked in favor of speed.

By the time you read this the new version will already be posted, however, it will not remain for long as with the upgrade the splash page shall be changed anyway.

-The Joker

• 5 weeks later...

Good try, Miller, but I could spend days pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes within the framework of this site - it's not just the splash page that's important.

It's cool, though. For even appearing here, I'll probably be banned outright anyway. Good seeing everyone!

:chase:

Duncan, You shall not be banned so long as you are not here to cause trouble. You are of course welcome to purchase your own MW.net t-shirt or hoodie.

Saint, Millers inquiry was handled before even a reply post was made.

All, I find it quite sad that people concern themselfs with parts of a word rather then its overall message. I admit some of the site was thrown together in a hurry, and many sections will be updated when our anniversary comes to pass.

-The Joker

• 2 weeks later...

:huh:

1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.

2. a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1275–1325; ME vilein, vilain < MF < LL villānus a farm servant. See villa, -an]

—Synonyms 1. knave, rascal, rapscallion, rogue, scamp.

Would this be a bad time to point out that Villan is not a word...?

Actually it is but not in the context that BHR uses:

villan

Villain \Vil"lain\, n. [OE. vilein, F. vilain, LL. villanus, from villa a village, L. villa a farm. See Villa.] 1. (Feudal Law) One who holds lands by a base, or servile, tenure, or in villenage; a feudal tenant of the lowest class, a bondman or servant. [in this sense written also villan, and villein.]

Anyway this whole splash page thing has come up before...it should be SCRAPPED as it is 100% not correct. That's why Arsonist left.