Meguiars Tire Shine??

Troutman

The question is, which of the 300,000 different versions. I do prefer the spraygun-style such as in the picture below to the aerosol spray can and have had bad results with the paint-on type which starts peeling and looking like poop...

IPB Image

But none seem to specify if they are 'silocone' based or whatever. I would prefer longer lasting and better results than the cheapo aerosols I have been using (though they do do the job), but don't want to spend top dollar only to end up with the wrong product.

I personally do not like the spray bottle above for the simple reason of excess. It does provide a very deep long lasting shine, but there is always some dripping off, and once you drive the car it gets all over.

I have always used the aerosal can, HOWEVER. I will never, repeat never use the foam based (which has been mostly taken off shelfs) it has a bad wrap of turning the tires orange, unlike the aerosal which lasts quite a long time and will only fade out, but never turn orange, infact often I find myself scrubbing the tires to remove it to reapply a fresh coat. And its water proof, with the foam or many other cheap brands a single rain storm and its gone

Excellent, I will definitely stop buying the foam kind. Excess isn't too much of a concern as I always keep a towel handy to wipe anything spilled onto the wheels.

I have recently bought my very first Claybar too, it came in a kit with the Quik Detailer. When the spray painting and detailing is done I will post pics.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

the meguiers hot shine is excellent, and what the hell is wrong with silicone, people seem to think its so bad, when infact its excellent. Others are water based, so as soon as it rains its gone, siliconje strays. and does infact, do no damage to the tire.

petrolum based, yes avoid those all the time

Tell me more.

Just apply the KY Jelly onto a clean 100% Cotton Terry Cloth and apply the dressing evenly on all your tires. Let the KY dry completley before driving. And don't get any KY on the tires treads. The shine will last for 1 week easy as long as it doesn't rain, and it doesn't turn your tires brown either.