Clarification On 2-1 Downshift

I was checking FSM and found stock downshift points. According to the manual 2-1 down shift for 2.3 should occur not above 19-22mph with the exception of L+hold which it can shift to 1st at 28-31 mph. So if you wanna shift down to 1, which i need at times, use L+hold.

For 2.5, shift point is around 27-30 mph for L+hold and 23-26mph for all others.

Oh and i tried to shift from L to D with hold last night, which should give a 1-3 shift. You think 1-2 shift is harsh? Then try 1-3 :D

I didnt try 30mph. At 1st you can go to 40 mph before the red line, for a quick 30-40 you may wanna shift down to 1st. What i need is a downshift at 25-30ish at times. The 2-1 downshift at 20 is what i like the most in milly. Last time i did, the friend asked me if the car is really auto.

Give the milly some credit, it wont break if you maintain it right, the MCE has to get let loose sometimes. Sometimes the wont downshift or it will shift to 2nd too quickly and it pisses me off.

If you put it in L with hold and accelerate then take your foot off the gas you will see why it has to shift so quickly. I do wish it would wait just a second longer though.

its not a sportronic transmission, if your going to shift it like a poser you need to change the fluid twice as often

and lat, whats this about driving your mutant hard huh?

the MCE is a solid engine, and other then a s/c here nad there (mostly lack of owner maintaince) I have yet to see a single 2.3 blow a major part, unlike the 2.5 in the millenia which is riddled with failures are very low mileage, probably 20% of the 2.5's on ebay are blown

shifts at like 38, and thats at redline, so if you downshift you'll be near redline now won't you. and it would be a hard downshift, keep 1st gear for sub 20

I didnt say i'd downshift at 40 mph. But at 30 mph it should rev around 4500, which is totally ok. It should match the revs before shifting, electronic tranny...