The Grand Cherokee

///BHRpowered

• 2 months later...

Jeep - The Original 4X4

as for trading for a suburban, hell fucking no.

as for other suv's on the market, I can think of SOME used ones, but frankly nothing right now appeals to me. I looked at the new range rover, yes its nice, but I doubt it would make it through mud or haul stuff or tow.

this fucking hippy trend from people that should be skinned alive of buying sized down lifted MINIVANS!!!!! and then beliving the lie that there suv's.

Maybe an explorer, but I don't like the way they've gone.

The grand cherokee just strikes the perfect balance imo, its rugged, its not overall huge, its certainly not a baby sized car, its very well engineered, easy to work on, great history, and they never try to go over top and please like some chink car. If it works, they use it, they don't spend all day long trying to reinvent the wheel and then sell it as a squares are better then wheels like say, lexus.

There powerful, very long lasting, great options, easy to drive, very comfortable, and you get what you pay for, new or used. Yes they hold there value well, infact wranglers hold value better then almost any car on the planet except for super cars and classics. Your not buying some hippy plastic chink mobil that is crazy overpriced because of a badge that was used in a worthless whore advertisment. 1 word, Jeep. Plain and simply, all business. which is EXACTLY what I look for in an suv, and a daily driver.

I should add that the 4.7L v8 developed for the 99-whenever grand cherokee has been so well received, so liked, and has gone way beyond the reliablity expections of everyone going on to approach the 4.0 record that it was morphed or transplanted into something like 12 other chrysler cars, most notable the durango and silverado

• 4 months later...

The straight-6 4.0L Jeep engine was the best ever, and still is. Same as the bullet proof 4.9L straight-6 Ford engine. Vs tend to be weaker by nature of the design... but fit better and allow lower hood lines.