Speakers Crapping Out

Ghost T H

i just got a new clarion headunit installed yesterday, and it would seem that when i turn it up really loud the speakers get distorted and sound like theyre going to die out after a couple seconds of it being that loud, what is the problem, i have a head unit and 4 factory speakers, do i need my amplifier installed?

maybe distortion wasnt the right term, because if i go outside right now and turn it on and all the way up, it sounds pretty good when turned all the way up, but then after a few mins of playing, it will sound like it wants to die out like as if the speakers are getting no more power, almost like sitting in your car with the car on without the engine running listening to the radio for a hour, after the batterys almost drained you hear that static output in the speakers because the powers dying, its like that, i think im gonna drop my car off at tweeter before i go to philly, ask them about it and have them install the amp

Oh ok, I thought you meant like that noise you hear when you leave your cellphone next to your speakers and a call comes in. Since you raise the volume and it messes up, then it's also drawing more power than the amp can handle. The longer the wavelenght, the smaller the frequency and the more watts are drawn out.

I don't wanna get super technical here, but something similar happens when you have a low-wattage power supply for a computer and a super ultra godzilla video card from hell or hard drives...your powersupply will just overheat and crap out, which could result in your videocard blinking or flashing weird colors or your harddrives freezing up. It isn't necessarily considered interference but yeah...it's a pretty annoying shit to deal with.