Official Mazdaworld Meet 2008 Thread

Synesthesia

Let’s get everyone’s input to have a location and hopefully date set by the end of March.

Currently the popular favorite is Deep Creek Lake, located in McHenry, Maryland. Information about the lake, resort, things to do etc can be found here

http://www.deepcreeklake.com/

At this time several members have expressed interest in a 3 day meet on the first or second weekend of August, meeting sometime on Friday and ending mid to late Sunday. There are many private, large cabins and homes for rent along the waterfront and in surrounding mountains near Wisp ski resort, if we book early enough we should be able to secure a large house that sleeps 8-12 people for 7-800 dollars for the weekend, 7-8 people a house and 100 dollars for 3-nights is quite a deal, especially considering the location.

Almost all houses contain internet access, pool table, hot tub, large screen television, BBQ grill, full kitchen, 4-7 bath and bedrooms, water access via beach and/or dock as well as lots of room for private parking.

If you would like to attend but stay at a hotel there are several well known chains surrounding the lake with in 10-15 minutes of proposed housing.

Hope to see all of you there,

-The Joker

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cheaper for you to come to the States without your car.

I am sure that any member that is attending wouldn't mind picking you up at an airport closeby.

I can pick you up at either one of two local airports. Of course, BHR lives closer to Deep Creek Lake than I do.

I vote for Deep Creek Lake Syn. Gotta does too.

It would be cheaper for you to come to the States without your car.

I am sure that any member that is attending wouldn't mind picking you up at an airport closeby.

I can pick you up at either one of two local airports. Of course, BHR lives closer to Deep Creek Lake than I do.

I vote for Deep Creek Lake Syn. Gotta does too.

I c, I thought I had to take my car with me, because it was a mazda gathering, lol.

I cannot promise anything till the month before.

And if I come, I'd need to take some friends with me for the rest of the touring.

I will make a few phone calls and we'll c what we get.

thnx

Angel, reston is all of MAYBE 10 minutes from me.

If trout were to fly into dullas, reston is on the way, the greatman and I take my millenia (weather depending) and you can follow, along the way our caravan will form and slowly take control of the road.

August 8th - 10th is my vote, the 8th being a friday

I only have a single seat left in my millenia, I would allow someone to seat in 1 of the backseats provided extra measures are taken.

frank could fly into airports right around deep creek, international members are limited to international airports, so dullas, or fly in and ride with someone else.

If trout can not attend then yes frnak, you can have a ride

Dullas international airport is the closest major airport, several smaller airports are with in reach.

I'm roughly 175 miles from the lake, located at the tip of west maryland just below PA

MTS should only be about 450 miles or so I would think.

Less than 400 actually.... ;) Just not sure if I will have the time yet...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&am...JnJ0b3A9MCU3ZTA=