Leds

ChiTown

my buddy gave me some red 1157 20towers so i hit up autolumination (they are on the way) for 2 more as well as some 5matrix leds for the doors and above the plate as well as some red 921 9towers...anyone used these for the 3rd brake light yet? 921 9-led-tower

i have some chrome amber bulbs to hide the orange in the rear housings for now, but will do a full turn signal led upgrade in the spring. ohh the reverse with super white 20towers looks amazing as well...i will do those too.

i miss my old full LED setup, but i promise i will have more on the 00' promise more....

old setup:

IPB Image

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the 9 led model and they didn't put out a lot of light, but they still looked better than stock.

i had the 194 5matrix red in the third brake light in my last car in the photo, they were good enough but the 9 have to be better right? the third brake light is supposed to be 921 anyway...

I recently tried the 921 tower "super high flux leds" in my reverse lights, it certainly put out ALOT more then the last gen 921's led bulbs, but less then stock I'm afaird, for a 3rd brake however they should be piss bright.

so better than the 5matrix 194's? because those were good enough.

I never cared that the leds are slightly less brighter, the color is much more intense.

I have all towers, I tried the hi-power towers in the brakes, but it wasn't really that much brigther, the 36 led towers however provide great spread and output for brake lights without the heat.

in the turn signals the high power 7440 towers do put out much more light

in the reverse the 921 high power towers have proven quite nice.

as for the cruise control issue, this is still unclear as I have no had the time to test it, however the load resistors generator ALOT of heat, constant on and I would wrry about possibly melting plastic

In millenia's where the brake lights are converted to LED (although not always turn and brake lights) the cruise control seems to stop working. We are unclear why this happens as I believe the cruise control is on the some circuit as gauges and reverse lights, but if brake lights are changed to led the cruise will notwork, replace the bulbs and it instantly works again.

It MIGHT be possible to override this with an ECU reprogram, but not likely, would need a detailed wiring diagram