Leds

ChiTown

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the cruise control issue only a problem on the 01+ millys? because i had a full led conversion for all exterior lights on my old 95, brakes, thrd brake, turns front and back as well as the reverse lights. my cruise control still worked...i am curious if it wont on the 00' we shall see...

you do not need resistors if you are doing the brake lights...

two 3ohm resistors is all you need for all four turn signals, front and rear.

i will do the reverse and turns, front and back this spring (stage II)

if you buy the resistors from autolumination the best place to mount them is under the rear taillights on the bare metal support which extends and holds the bumper. when you remove the tails you will see what i am talking about. no need to worry about anything melting if mounted there...

no, it appears to be all US millenia 95+

also mts, it has NOTHING to do with the 3rd stop/highmount, keep in mind I have a stock spoiler with built in LED's and NO 3rd brake light on the rear dash, it is only when the rear main brake lights are changed out. I will experiment when the millenia awakes from its slumber, if it takes only 1 bulb in then a single resistor should do the trick, but the odd thing is that the cruse control doesn't work during the day time when the lights aren't on...

hmm, my 95 never had that problem, who did a full led conversion on a 95 other than me? my 95 had no cruise control malfunction. could it be a 97+ issue? we shall soon find out...

the LEDs have arrived, the 5matrix UV bulbs are in the doors, they look sweet! I was afraid that they would look ricey or even girly if too purple, but they acually look fantastic with the grey/purple suede seats, they are beautiful black light and not at all like that fake black light color that looks purple.

brake light leds going in today...

i broke a tower somehow when i was pushing it in, damn cold fingers...and i forgot i need a file to shave the inner tails, igot to find my file and order another bulb, this will take a few days.

I couldnt just pop off the 3rd brake light cover like on my 95 i will fiddle with it some more...

the 95 and 96 were pretty much exactly the same (although admittedly were slightly different from other years).

however several members with the older cars had the cruise issue problem.

trout, arson, and I BELIEVE rsutton.

as I said, when it is time for the millenia to emerge, I can exercise it and have some free time I shall test many different cominbations

ok i got the 3rd brake cover off! but when i did i found that it has 0ne P21W style bulb, looks like an 1156, it only has one contact, shouldnt it be an 1157 with two contacts like the rest off the brake lights? which bulb do i replace the P21W with?

EDIT: i realized that the 3rd brake only comes on when you hit the brakes and not with the headlights, so will a 1156 bulb work? It definitely fits....

I am a littlet irritated by this because i already bought two 921 LED bulbs because i assumed it was the same as my 95, damn newer millys....

So far there are LEDs in the doors and towers in the outer tails only, cruise still works but we will see.