Finally, A Cai For The S...

It certainly looks cleaner than on my 00; I guess your different fogs is the reason. My fogs are surrounded by a fairly large opening in the bumper, letting in quite a lot of dust and sand and stuff, but of course also cold air ;)

are the fogs on the xedos different? or are you just missing the plastic surround piece?

Yup, there is no housing like on the newer ones, and I miss no parts.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chitown

Is this a very loud intake? or one of the more quiet ones? I mean when you floor it do you hear more engine or more intake, I would hate to overpower my remus.

Also, what was the total cost to build it and/or how much would you charge...cause counting me you seem to already have 3-4 customers

Will this CAI fit on 01 models. And will my MAF hold up to more air goin thru just curious.

I believe it will fit the 01-02 models no prob, but i have never looked under the hood or wheel wells of this model so someone may help you in knowing if the airbox is in the same position and there is enough room behind the bumper...the MAF is only there to instruct the ECU on changes in airflow, it will hold up fine and continue to do exactly what it is supposed to.

chitown

Is this a very loud intake? or one of the more quiet ones? I mean when you floor it do you hear more engine or more intake, I would hate to overpower my remus.

Also, what was the total cost to build it and/or how much would you charge...cause counting me you seem to already have 3-4 customers

It is quiet unless you punch the gas, you do not here the filter sucking like on the 2.5 intake (like on my custom made one, and JK's from what i have read) the intake makes the supercharger much louder.

i will be happy to get some together for you guys, give me another day or two to figure out the price. Do you guys want a cheapo filter or a K&N, i am def putting a K&N on mine...

for now, all i can do is the polished tubing and the blue grommets, i will have to hunt down a better deal for the other style tubing and different color grommets, sorry, but if you are willing to wait. (i wanted black grommets)

I am also trying to get a better deal on a bulk purchase of tubing , for now it looks like just the tubing and grommets (no filter) will go for 125, add the k&N inverted top filter for 175.

I know, this price is steep for the materials being purchased. I will work on it and let you guys know...