A Sad, Sad Day

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new ones aren't rice because the car has a proximity sensor. When you get close to the car it unlocks the doors, and the steering lock. It automatically goes into 'on' mode. All you do is press 'Start'. BHR's setup has none of that, and can be started with the key still, he just chooses to push the button rather than turn the key an extra 1/8 of a turn. The simplest definition of rice I can come up with is adding something that has no benefit. Which this qualifies for.

The new ones aren't rice because the car has a proximity sensor. When you get close to the car it unlocks the doors, and the steering lock. It automatically goes into 'on' mode. All you do is press 'Start'. BHR's setup has none of that, and can be started with the key still, he just chooses to push the button rather than turn the key an extra 1/8 of a turn. The simplest definition of rice I can come up with is adding something that has no benefit. Which this qualifies for.

oooooo gotcha

I bet his push button is not even like a real push button in which you just push and release the button and it tries until the engine starts. His should be push-and-hold button. A real push button will not start unless brake is applied as well. None is prolly present in bhrs rice button..

wrong wrong wrong

and the prius is a piece of shit hippy car, they just slapped crap on so people would buy it, I once saw a prius doing about 70 on the highway and was amazed thinking it had an engine swap, just downhill

I have actually driven 1 hybrid, an escape, and holy fuck, made me hate hybrids anymore, I don't care if its switching to battery, it still seems like the car just died, also don't tell me bullshit about how you had to remove safety features like traction control etc because its 2 much work on the car, yet I'm paying much more up front then extra gas ever would.

worst of all was the CVT transmission, what a pieice of garbage, its like its in 1st gear the whole time, I want to know I'm driving, not pushing a button on wii or something. slow as fuck, it does need matinace regardless of what he said, and performance wise its horrible.

Now, let me make it very clear that production CVT trannys are garbage and horrible for performance, this is not to be confused with an F1 constant velocity transmission where the rpms still drop and you feel the kick, but the engine dumps power just before the shift, and during the shift there are "shifter" gears, so like the name says, you never lose velocity, unlike there piece of shit like the maxima thinks is such hot shit in the car nissan destroyed.

based on ren's definition how can a remote start be considered rice? it ADDS the benefit of being able to start your car (and allowing it to warm up properly) without you having to manually do it