A True Millenia Conservator

good work mts, now lat wants you.

I for see zero problems, taxes not withstanding.

In the 2nd weke of march I will be taking it out of hte garage, which means oil change, routine fuel cleaner, emissions inspection, safety inspection, a wonderful 80 dollars registation fee, and possibly something "shifty:

cheap upgrade and now being marketed as a yuppie chink mobile.

I'v gotton really fed up with nissan in the past few years, all starting with the "new" maxima, 25 years of being a very decent, good looking car, then total crap, CVT bullshit that should be banned from the road, altima coupe? what the fuck.

sentra as stupid eco car

altima mid level

maxima

when a sentra is marketed higher then an altima, and an altima is considered by there marketing team to be an answer to an m3, what the fuck.

The G37 just stole design and tech features from other cars and then didn't even do a good job, did you know it has 4WS, but not as much as the eunos, yet they still claim "the first production car with automatic 4ws for increased handling"

It has ws4? wow. Thats a pretty decent feature.. I always like nissans. I believe they make great cars, good quality and very reliable.

Why dont you like CVT old man? I drove new altima for a good 700 miles. CVT is great. It makes the most of that 4 cylinder although the engine sounds horrible. It may even be better than a basic manual since it can hold the engine at max power for quiet a time and change the ratio. I dont see how it makes the first start tough, it feels like there is a tork converter somewhere. I apply the brakes but it wanna go just like an auto. As expected my gril friend didnt see any difference before i told her :) Only downside nowadays is reliability and not being abe to handle too much power. I would definitely consider a CVT car in the future..

CVT is a horrible idea for any car, despite what some say its not as reliable, or predictable, and its just another "feature" that allows ignorant soccer moms and others to not pay attention to there driving. You should always feel the gears shifting, just like you should feel the brakes working, hear an engine running, and tires steering. If people want to get somewhere, but don't want to "drive" then they need to get on a bus. If nothing else, CVT transmission are limited by the strengh of the belt or chain inside, which is utter bullshit and exactly why they can only be used on low power cars. A solid gear will not break, a chain will have to be replaced every 60-100k, if it doesn't break first from being put under constant stress, much more then a timing chain would ever be.

Now, CVT, continous varible timing or whatever is one thing, and I personally will never buy a car with it, even if a new Millenia came out, and it had a CVT, I really believe I would walk away from it.

Now a CV transmission, "Constant Velocity" transmission which don't exist production wise, but were experimented with on F1 cars, thats a totally different ball park and I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Sadly, I'm with BHR regarding the CVT. They sound terrible for one thing, and secondly, you never get to 7000rpm with a CVT unless you're doing 200km/h. How do you clean any carbon out of the cylinders if you're always at 3000rpm? Finally, it's still an auto. Just a glorified (to some people) version of one.

As for the g37, it's not much different from the g35, which is beautiful. And given the number of g35's on the road, a lot of people share my sentiment. I don't understand why they needed to make the displacement any bigger though. And 4ws, I didn't know it had it either, another plus. Pisses me off that they gave it 4ws though, I had hoped that the new g37 would make the g35 less desireable and drop the resale value. It will do this, but I want 4ws too...fuckers. Not to mention, all car companies steal design ideas...especially the asian car companies.

cvt: continuosly variable tranny

Old altima (or any nissan) was low rev as well.. And you can rev it if you like!!

CVT was wierd to drive but i believe by heart that performancewise it is way better.. As for altima, forget about it. It is huge yet light. It was more of sailing rather than driving on highway..

Another nice CVT demo:

Saint, CVT has been been shown time and time again to deliver weaker performance, not to mention it isn't strong enough to even handle a high power engine to begin with, thats why its used on hybrids and low power cars.

Without the aid of extremely complex computer software, the CVT would give considerable less MPG, and its not new technology, it has been on small tractors, and farm machinary for years. Ford even tried it on a fiesto or something years ago, and got almost 10% less MPG.

Its a very bad idea all around, and like ren said, if the engine is staying at a constant RPM, your going to develope problems with the engine as a direct result of this, not to mention decreased reliablity.