Dyno My Fast Millenia Haha

There's something seriously wrong with that heart-break dyno you went to. There's no way you have a 40% drop in driveline power. That dyno undershot your engine by about 40hp. And to prove it, I'd like to see anyone with 97whp pull a 3500lbs car across a 1/4mile in a little over 15 sec.

WTF is wrong with 2.5L dyno results?

This is from the pissbucket:

Same dyno same day,

2000 S

Fouled Cats (ALL)

Leaky valve cover gaskets

Leaky oil sensor O ring

19's

All stock

176 whp max

191 lb-ft torque max

2002 2.5

Jet ECU Reflash

Cold Air Intake

19's

122 whp max

125 lb-ft torque max

Less pressure loss and lower temperature both translate to more power and better gas mileage. Temperature is just the temp of the intake air, but pressure is determined by the length of the pipe and the amount of restriction. By having a shorter intake with little restriction that takes in colder air you will improve power and efficiency.

The same is true for the exhaust. Backpressure results from a more restrictive pipe. An exhaust with less backpressure increases power.. and noise.

:shifty: My intake takes care of pressure and temperature.

how so?

I posted a topic about it a few days ago with pictures, but the filter is right in the engine bay so the piping is only about 5 or 6 inches long including the MAF, so there is minimal pressure loss, and there are ducts that are located under the car that send air directly to the filter whenever the car is in motion. The air gets sucked in when accelerating and cools the filter when coasting. I have tested it in many different conditions so far, the filter and pipe are ice cold even after driving for a while. I have driven in the rain a few times and not a drop of water has made it up to the filter.

how so?

I posted a topic about it a few days ago with pictures, but the filter is right in the engine bay so the piping is only about 5 or 6 inches long including the MAF, so there is minimal pressure loss, and there are ducts that are located under the car that send air directly to the filter whenever the car is in motion. The air gets sucked in when accelerating and cools the filter when coasting. I have tested it in many different conditions so far, the filter and pipe are ice cold even after driving for a while. I have driven in the rain a few times and not a drop of water has made it up to the filter.

Link? I can understand the exhaust where the gas flows maybe 10 times faster. But intake air is slow and loss is proportional to flow speed. Someone with MAP data before/after CAI? (hard request)

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2602

The temperature of the filter and intake piping itself is always very close to ambient temperature becuase it is being cooled by the air that does not enter the piping, and the air (when the car is moving) is at ambient temperature, so there is an improvement in temperature. The short piping allows a very small drop in pressure compared to the stock box.

I wish I had some real data to post. I can say that I notice an improvement in throttle response, gas mileage, and acceleration feels stronger, but keep in mind I cleaned the MAF at the same time and a few days before that I replaced the vacuum lines, so that could account for some of the difference.

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2602

The temperature of the filter and intake piping itself is always very close to ambient temperature becuase it is being cooled by the air that does not enter the piping, and the air (when the car is moving) is at ambient temperature, so there is an improvement in temperature. The short piping allows a very small drop in pressure compared to the stock box.

I wish I had some real data to post. I can say that I notice an improvement in throttle response, gas mileage, and acceleration feels stronger, but keep in mind I cleaned the MAF at the same time and a few days before that I replaced the vacuum lines, so that could account for some of the difference.

Hard to say it gets enough air there. I mean on a 90F day with stop and go traffic this will be a real HAI. It will be cold on highway, no doubt..

If you go for a drive and its 30 F out and feel the stock intake box, its not going to be very cold because it will be heatsoaked by the engine. When I feel mine after the same drive it is as cold as the outside air, so even on a hot day, it will be warm as warm as the outside air, but still cooler air than the stock intake would be able to take in.