Who Has Locked

enginph

After hours and months of work on mine, i realized that f.ing prev owner (or mech) didnt put the dust covers back on and it hazed from inside. I tried all the torture instruments mentioned.. I removed one passenger side and cleaned it from inside, they are symmetric now but still not clean enough..

I still need dust covers!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the projectors are actually really good, but fogged over headlights will limit there output, steel wool should never be used though, its pretty fine, but the damage will cause light to scatter.

I would tell you its time to take some very very mild grit sand paper and sand them down perfectly smooth.

The dust covers in the back don't make a huge difference though

Is the front surface plastic?

If so, try "Mothers Plastic Polish" - it's probably exactly the same as other products mentioned, but I've used this on my wife's Sera and it worked a treat. It looks just like car polish, but is a very mild abrassive for use on clear plastics. Goes on and off with a polishing cloth or similar cloth.

HTH, G.

Take them apart and use contact cleaner on the the lenses inside, should loosen any greasy residue in there, then rinse with hot water and allow to dry. It is possible that the seals on your bulb covers in the back are gone or loose. If it is haze on the lens front, then you need to wet snad them and clear coat, as they are pitted and corroded from weather.

Take them apart and use contact cleaner on the the lenses inside, should loosen any greasy residue in there, then rinse with hot water and allow to dry. It is possible that the seals on your bulb covers in the back are gone or loose. If it is haze on the lens front, then you need to wet snad them and clear coat, as they are pitted and corroded from weather.

Which one is good plastic or glass? I guess my fogs are glass and heads are plastic for sure..