Headlights

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

troutman, HIR's are the real deal, I do not support HID's in grand cherokee's since it would look rice not fitting the charator, and the horrible optics, I have converted many including using them myself, they are the real deal.

rice lights are garbage, the tinting just tricks your eyes, your actually seeing LESS, but the coronas close more so they remain more focused on the hotspots.

if you ever watch a car with them coming down the road in the day time they are very very dim, yet hid's and even crappy halogens are clearly brighter.

HIR's however make a huge difference, you can't tell during the day, and at night there the exact same color, and there at the same wattage, but, you instantly notice the light increase

The problem with 9006 is the metal coating on the tip. 9005 doesnt have it and it is much brighter with a little more watts. I would buy 9005s for lows if their lifetime was not that short..

I cannot see any improvement other than blue tint in silverstars, which would or would not make the actual light output dimmer.. The good thing is that they are 4100K so whiter (compared to 3200k halogens). I dont think they will cause yellowing.. BHR did you use HIR? The website looks like a scam.. Frank i checked ebay price is around 30-40.. I will immediately but white LEDs for markers..

troutman, thats the weird thing, They are brighter, but they only draw 55w, so you don't run into wiring issues, but they are actually cooler, just holding your hand near them you can tell a difference, the only thing is that it takes about 20 seconds for them to reach full brightness.

lat, get HID's