Led Strobes - For Tailgators

:noidea: I should guess those seals, if they are carbonbased or some similar hard material, will benefit from clean, good oil. And gentle temperature variations, as in warmup, and even idling before shutoff after spirited driving. Like turboed engines, where this is crucial for turbo bearings. Though later watercooled turboes limitates the problem.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always made it a point to let the engine idle for around 2 minutes after driving just before shutoff, I'm sure someone will say it should be longer, but 2 minutes is much more then most.

I have been going back and forth for months on multiply forums, and the general agreement is that its better to just leave the engine off rather then start it up every once in a awhile, even after a week the amount of oil that has drained down will be the same as around a month or more, so why risk doing damage multiple times.

If I just crank the engine a bit before starting will that help with oil, or will it cause more damage, and more over, how would I crank the engine without it starting, I mean I suppose I could pull the fuse for the fuel pump?

(and yes, first thing that gets done when its started up is go for new, clean oil)

You mean drain passages to the sump? I believe the nonreturn valve in the oil filter is preventing drainback on the pressure side, which is more essential I should say.

Anyway, on daily drivers this is not an issue. Oil starvation in bearings occurs after storage. In fact it is wise to crank the engine without ignition to build up pressure if the engine has been sitting long.

Do we pay attention, BHR?

how would you know, you were left behind with xedos probably stomping an imaginary pedal on the wrong side to go faster.

Pretty close to reality :lol:

See if I let you drive any of my cars again. Or ride with me either....

You mean drain passages to the sump? I believe the nonreturn valve in the oil filter is preventing drainback on the pressure side, which is more essential I should say.

Anyway, on daily drivers this is not an issue. Oil starvation in bearings occurs after storage. In fact it is wise to crank the engine without ignition to build up pressure if the engine has been sitting long.

how would you know, you were left behind with xedos probably stomping an imaginary pedal on the wrong side to go faster.

:o Hit a sore spot did I?

MC, I don't under any circumstance criticize your driving. But you did have air between the throttle and the carpet during that incident ;)

I think you are a pretty good driver. For a woman :whistling:

:o Hit a sore spot did I?

MC, I don't under any circumstance criticize your driving. But you did have air between the throttle and the carpet during that incident ;)

I think you are a pretty good driver. For a woman :whistling:

For a woman huh? Just wait until the next time you are here...

Why do you want to circulate the oil before the car is turned on again?