Headlights

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the HIDs, I have one question. On www.hidplanet.com, they have a $389 kit right now on sale. Would that be the one that I need. It comes with 2 ballasts, bulbs, connectors, mounts. Do I need any extra wiring? This is simply plug and play correct? ALSO, what is the difference in 4300K and 5000K. I do know that OEM is 4300K. But the 5000K has a more bluish tint to it. I don't have HID projectors, so people probably wont be seeing the blue like they do in other cars with OEM HIDs.. So i thought about getting the 5000K system for $389. and dropping it in???? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

no, it doesn't, 5k is alittle bit whiter.

And you already have projectors, so your much better off doing an upgrade, but if you don;t want to, get the kit, keep in mind it has to be a 9006 kit, since you have 9006 sockets, I believe the HID planet kit is a D2S, which means OEM hid componets only, you can get 4300k 9006 kits on ebay any day of the week, 100 bucks for some, but will only last a year or so, the 3-400 dollar philips are the best and will outlast the car

yeah... i want to be able to work them during the day and not worry about them shorting out...i've heard those ebay kits dont last long. I know it will be cheaper in the longrun to get the nicer oem kit. I know that it's not blue, but when i drop a philips 9006 kit 4300K into my car, will it appear as yours do bhr and in a maxima, tl, bmw, etc? Will it be that type of intense lighting? I want good. I'm getting back 520 income taxes. I just don't want to waste any of it on lights that wont work right down the road.

Yes...ok 4300K HID Philips 9006 Kit. If you can find me one online ready to order, it will be ordered this coming up weekend!!! I just want to be completely certain that I will be ordering the correct item.

bah hahahahha

[attachmentid=941]

shut up BHR it's not water in the headlights. it's some pitting and erosion. it was much worse when i got hte lights, after some mild bathroom cleaner they looked better. trust me it doesn't look that awful in person, and doesn't detract from the lights :shifty:

[attachmentid=942]

yes yes I know, it doesnt look quite right, i had to fix the stupid hood height adjustment rubber knob thing.

[attachmentid=943]

[attachmentid=945]

[attachmentid=946]

and just for BHR:

[attachmentid=944]

front.jpg

driv.JPG

pass.jpg

forbhr.JPG

bahahha.JPG

baha2.JPG

bathroom cleaning, you fucked up fruit, go back and get some wax on them RIGHT NOW, you used the harshiest cleaners you could find, you probably just scrubbed off any remaining protective coating, they will start to yellow and fade with in 2 months.

stop downgrading.

and those damn well better be 4300k

bathroom cleaning, you fucked up fruit, go back and get some wax on them RIGHT NOW, you used the harshiest cleaners you could find, you probably just scrubbed off any remaining protective coating, they will start to yellow and fade with in 2 months.

stop downgrading.

and those damn well better be 4300k

oh shut the hell up, i said "bathroom cleaner" but I meant was "photo lab cleaner."

i rewaxed them after reading the thread a few days ago, and the HID upgrade is coming soon :shifty:

and how the hell am i downgrading