Headlights

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great bulbs, but in a millenia you should still go 4300k HID.

great bulbs? Did you use them how do you know? to me they just seem like ordinary bulbs without a brand.. And how can i know the ones sold on that site is real hir.. I guess i will go with silverstars, hid is too expensive for lighting..

NO, silverstars are trash.

HIR's bulbs are only made by a single company - tosiba, under patent from GE. Because of the patent no little ricer wanna reproduce them, if they even knew how.

I have used them for about 2 years on various Jeeps and are very popular on Jeeps. Silverstars are utter garbage, go with HIR's, they won't give you a ricey color, just a clear improvement in useable lighting output. If you don't like them, I'll even buy them back from you.

You will be lucky to get 6 months out of Sliverstars... better off buying Streetglows, at least they last... had them in my fogs for 3 years... just now blew one... and my fogs are on quite often... often forget them on, so they are on whenever heads are on. If you are going to buy rice... might as well go all the way and give BHR a stroke... :shifty: I think you can still get 80W Streetglow heads ;)

:lol:

You will be lucky to get 6 months out of Sliverstars... better off buying Streetglows, at least they last... had them in my fogs for 3 years... just now blew one... and my fogs are on quite often... often forget them on, so they are on whenever heads are on. If you are going to buy rice... might as well go all the way and give BHR a stroke... :shifty: I think you can still get 80W Streetglow heads ;)

:lol:

WHERE?!?!?!?!????? :drool:

silver stars are good regular bulbs. there stock on millenia when u buy it and ive been usin them since i bought the car back in 2002.

No, there not, there horrible. reduced light output, poor quality, and a bad rep for frying wiring.

If you won't go HID then get some HIR's, if you don't think they produce twice as much as the HIR's ill buy them back from you.

HIR also need trimming that increases the chance of touching even damaging the bulb. If i am to pay twice of silverstars that everybody uses i demand better website (this looks like an 15 year old teenager work) and no trimming.. Someone should definitely teach them some marketing..

saint, your wrong.

the bulbs come extremely well packed, including a bulb guard, the "trimming" mentioned is just taking a pair of pillars and snapping, and frankly, if you just want to wiggled the bulb a bit more it will fit without trimming. HIR's are no joke, silverstars are utter garbage and everyone knows your a cheap bastard with no ability to search since they look so hella rice

Like I said, if your not impressed ill buy them back from you.

Where is the $135 hid? So your saying pay twice and get hid? The reason i am not considering hid is because of my cloudy headlight. My passenger side is somehow dulled. There was no dust cover when i bought so something happened there.. I took it out and cleaned, its better now but not perfect. In driver side there are dead bugs inside.. So hid will not be perfect thats why i dont wanna spend money on it.. I need to change the headlights first which is even more expensive..

ok, you need to replace the headlights before you do anything eles, period

HID's are far better, but in terms of halogen, HIR is king, and the last thing you should do is downgrade your lights to utter garbage.

80-150 hid kits exist, but you'll have to replace them every 2-3 years, or you can get the 3-450 philips kits which come with a 5 year warrenty and last forever, FYI, I'm still using the original philips ballasts I bought nearly 8 years ago, jsut spliced on D2 connectors for my retrofit

BHR, my headlights are possibly the cleanest they are going to be...close to perfect. I asked you to find me the perfect kit on the internet to buy......I wanna make sure I order the right one....Please look for a kit for me to buy and I will buy it.