Well, Let Me Just Pop That Bubble Of Mine

///BHRpowered

So as many of you know I have been going back and forth on the best ways to store a car, the carcapsule of course handles all cleaning issues, so that leaves engine, wheel bearings, and tires. Isome people think I should leave the engine off the whole time, some say start and run but it can be bad. well I start and run it until it reaches operating temp, and then some more, and when it comes out of storage thevery first place it goes is to get an oil change just in case.

as for the wheel bearings I'm at a loss, I could put the car up on blocks, and have the rotors resting on the ground, I suppose this could work, but would be kind of ghetto, not to mention leaving the suspension at extended travel isn't great either and would do far more damage then anything to wheel bearings. I could have it on half blocks at ride height, allowing the wheel bearings to absorb only the weight of the suspension, still considering that.

So I went looking to address the issue of flat spotting and did some further research, modern tires use memory rubber, once the tire is warm it will remember its intented shape, no big deal, hwoever when parked and the tires cool the rubber is less flexible, will "melt" onto the ground into a flatspot then cool and harden, since its keep in a heated garage, and because of the high quality of tires I have never had problems, but I do notice it, so I went looking for solution before I built my own mini dyno.

I found www.tirecradle.com pretty much the simplest idea ever, instead of a flat surface you have 4 plates that are made in different sizez for different size tires, it "cups" the tire in its intended shape and holds the weight, genius. Shitty ass stock goodyears on my old jeep would flatspot more in 1 week then my bridgestones do in 4 months.

they say you should get them onto them as soon as possible while the tire is hot to ensure its in its correct memory postion before placing on, so basically brake good and drive right onto them without lat'ing around. I figured the MOST, and I mean the MOST it would cost me is 180 dollars shipped for 4, and a fair price would be more like 80 dollars shipped....no...Take your guesses before scrolling down and the cost, keep in mind these are nothing more then molded polyuther whatever tire holds, no electronics, no moving parts, nothing.....

This was taken from there website about the cost

"A Few Words About Cost

TireCradles are made of a very dense, polyurethane polymer and this polymer is very costly, but it is the only polymer that works for this specific application. Think of it from this perspective, how many sets of tires will you own in your lifetime and what is the cost of replacing a ruined performance tire or tires? We think that you will agree that TireCradles are really smart insurance. It’s your car and your ride — you decide."

380 dollars shipped + sales tax if I was in Oh......fuck that.

Time to keep looking., I need 2 sets of these, just because

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camel, the rich stay rich by not spending money, let alone on crap. Thats why the gap between the rich and the poor keeps opening, greasy lower middle class ghetto rats go out and buy whatever new toy comes on the market despite not being able to afford it.

380 dollars for 4 pads? that is beyond obessive

camel, the rich stay rich by not spending money, let alone on crap. Thats why the gap between the rich and the poor keeps opening, greasy lower middle class ghetto rats go out and buy whatever new toy comes on the market despite not being able to afford it

ugh...u dumbass. i was trying to quote 6 million dollar man (or w/e its called.) didnt need another rant from u.

Here's a thought, instead of spending $400 on stupid space age polyurethane blocks for your tires, why not go to a tire shop, and go around back. While you're back there pick-up 4 tires (no rim) that are garbage and take them home. Now lay the tires down flat (so they look like a donut on a plate) and park your car on those. Since they're flexible with a hole in them, they should 'cup' your tires. All this for $1 in gas instead of $400 in stupidity.

Here's a story you should learn from. During the race to space both Russia and the States were faced with a problem, there wasn't a pen designed that could write effectively in a gravity free environment. To overcome this dilema the States spent $1million (think this is the '60's) designing a pen that would work in just about any environment man would ever dream of travelling to. Problem solved. Russia on the other hand...

used a pencil.

part of that is just showing off though, and I believe now they do use pencils...actually, on apollo 13 I know they used pencils...since so mcuh crap about nasa is in the news right now.

I really don't give a damn about some slut that just shouted at some other slut over who got to be the biggest whore

first of all camel, what is 1 million dollars, seriously? out of the 11 billion in the apollp program? in 1969 dollars.

It really pisses me the fuck off when there are people who actually believed it was film in a studio, that 9/11 was planned by the cia etc etc. ANY and I mean ANY respectable 400 dollar reflector telescope can see some of the bigger crap we left behind such as the lander. and there have been images taken from high power telescopes owned by MULTIPLE goverments that can clearly make out our flag. Plus the signal was received and tracked by several stations around the planet at the same time

:huh:

that is one of the dumbest things you have ever said, even if it was put up on later missions, we still would have landed on the moon, how would we put footprints up there.

Plus, like all hippies who don't think anything through and have zero clue about humanity and the way it works, at the time we were at the heights of the cold war, russia/USSR was spending money out the ass, if there was even a remote chance that it was filmed don't you think BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars were put to work trying to prove it was fake, not to mention the spies on both sides, with some of the crap that has leaked out over time, especially during that thing in the 80's with whats his name from the cia, it would have come out if it was fake,

Now get your ass out of the flowers and smell the shit thats known as reality