Well, Let Me Just Pop That Bubble Of Mine

///BHRpowered

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why anyone would try and use us currency, yes it is a world power dollar and accepted many places, but its just so much freaking easier, especially if you don't fully know the langage, let alone the conversion.

go to the airport, do an exchange before you even get there.

Now in canada I try to take it a step further and simply use my amex card, it may seem bad using an "american express" outside of the u.s, but its widely used in europe, or I just use my visa debt card. conversion is automatically done, quick and easy for everyone.

the only place I don't bother is in the carribbean, where they don't really have there own and perfer US...especially bermuda

That is a given.... I always travel on credit card... or to save even more on the exchange rates charged at the airport, I use a major bank ATM in a larger city. Get the best exchange of that day from my bank. But I almost always have at least $200 worth of currency in my pocket. Even when home.

I have tried to go to larger banks in cities and simply do a withdrawel from my bank account (naturally in that countries currency) but sometimes it works and I just charged the regular 2 dollar fee or whatever, but sometimes it doesn't even recognize the card.

I would perfer to use CC in europe, but not all places accept CC, in the U.S pretty much every single place that sells something will have cc, even all fast food chains have switched to caryying all major cards. if my cards worked in europe, and I knew for a fact they would I would always use them though.

seriously who the fuck goes into other countries and tries to use U.S dollars, we enough of OUR money leaving as it is for exports and the drug trades, the last thing I woul do is let more outside of the borders. If I was in europe and saw someone using U.S dollars I would smack them

Now if I was flying and for some reason had to be diverted into chink land airspace, and the plane crashed, I would paperclip some dollars to my shirt and walk around, never buying anything, just mocking them

Worst I ever experienced, in Germany, was some dumb Texan going into a restaurant with his junior retards and first of all being loud and obnoxious, then kicking up a stink because they couldn't read the menu, then whining because there were no hamburgers, and finally a major upset because this small Gasthof in central Germany would not accept American dollars or at that time American Express. Fuck I hate tourists.

I don't think American tourists are more abnoxious than others, the problem is that they are louder...a lot louder. And this makes people think poorly of Americans. To be honest, I like Americans, in particular, I found people in Manhattan to be friendlier than in Toronto. But I like loud people, and I don't know if Americans realize it or not, but they are the loudest fucking people on earth.

As for currency, the US $ is as close to international currency as can be. If you go to South America, it's readily accepted anywhere, even more so than local currencies.

Now, I'm not trying to justify the Texan's actions, as they were quite ignorant for getting upset about the menu and the currency, but at the same time they are probably used to everywhere else that does accept US $ and has English (also the most international language).

well, first of all, texas is a different matter, I have been to germany and its quite a different dining experiance, first of all in europe everything is sit down, spend 2 hours, have coffee or tea afterwards and talk. Personally I hate this, I mean alittle over an hour for a basic dinner, nothing more, you get inm, you sit down, you order drinks and something to start off right away, 5 minutes later you order food. of course in germany they don't really like ketchup, and you have to freakin pay for it which kind of bothers me, but its a culture thing.

as for manhattan, I dunno, makes me never want to go to toronto, I can't stand 99% of new yorkers (yo, were special cuz we ny" shut up

something I have noticed for awhile but was confirmed today, whenever some whore who spends all there time prancing around in retarded whore outfits being a slut driving with the top down flashing people whatever, and telling others thats cool, 100% OF THE TIME, when they come to washington to talk about whatever issue is popular, or if they have to go before congress because there shooting up whatever, all the whores wear real dresses, that go to the neck and down to below there knees, maybe its designer, but its not whore, and every man will wear a simple suit, none of this pdiddy bullshit.

you hgave your fantasy reality, you wanna come to washington and get on the hill, then you wipe that fantasy off your face, wake up, and get ready to take on reality.

I'm sure ren and mts don't notice, but ever see how there is NEVER, and I mean NEVER a paparazzi photo taken of anyone in washington?? alot of people are on a playground of fantasy while the adults are running things in a hot cramped office somewhere. hell michael jackson came though a bunch of times in the 80's, no hat, no glove, simple suit, no paparazzi period.

No I'm excluding political scandals, any photos related to that are usually leaked from junior staff members.

as for currency, I pay whatever currency is on the money.

Now if american dollars are clearly listed on the menu, then I might pay with them because I would have been given the impression its perfectly fine, but if they don't have an exchange rate why bother? american express probably isn't the best card in europe since it says "I'm a rich american" but alot of other cards simple don't work...which I never figured out why, should be a simple task really

and for the record I have nothing against canada except there snowfall records.

now mexico....thats another story

I know for a fact it snows more in upstate NY than it does where I live. Probably snows more in all the northern states than where I live. I understand Canada is 1/10 the population of the US, and as such Americans wouldn't know too much about Canada (culture/politics/etc) But do they not look at fucking maps or globes? I for instance know almost nothing about Greenland with respects to politics or culture (do they have a president or prime minister, is this person male or female? No clue). But I do know where it's located, and it's general climate. I find this an accurate comparison since it's our closest neighbour other than the states even though it's population is significantly less than 1/10th ours.

BHR you probably get more snow than MTS, MillerTime, or myself.

Anubis - How long is said ban for? Temporary or permanent?

wtf?! why are u defending bhr "syn?" and no...im not removing it. u write an ignorant stupid insulting comment. and all i wrote was to petition to ban bhr. everyone knows its a joke. if u are gonna ban me for that, then fuck this website. im not gonna be part of something that since the owner didnt have his diet coke in the morning, he is ready to ban everyone. if u cant take an "insulting" joke (although that was very uninsulting), then keep ur shit spewing to urself.

w/e im banned. i dont give a fuck.

ren, being northern you certainly get more snow then here, as as a whole, canada overall gets far more snow then any place in the u.s (except alaska, which lets face it, is canada) there are many remote parts of canada where you have snow year round.

as for me getting more snow then mts, lately I have been receiving mocking picture message on my phone every morning when mts goes out to uncover his car, there is far more snow atleast where he is then me

camel, its a direct attack, clearly outlined since day 1 in the TOS, again, just because you don't read it doesn't mean it isn't there

The only part of Canada that gets snow year round is so far north it's basically Russia.

And if you ban Camel for that statement then everyone on this site, myself included, deserves a hiatas. There isn't anyone here that hasn't said something derrogatory toward another member, whether serious or joking. Look at the interactions between the mod and the fag on this site.

u have not once warned me about it. and oh so u like picking on me? then go to hell.

btw...attacking a mod is extremely relative to a point. one can be taken as a joke and one can be called an insult. it all depends on the mod. its u either ban everyone who insults a mod or anything negative whether jokingly or not...or u dont enforce it at all. but to pick on one person and not the other. thats fucking gross.