Very Interesting New 3 Watt Led 1156/7 Bulb!

Troutman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH, this is true but there are a couple of points to consider. These are visible from all angles so do their job very effectively, and the housing illumination factor is merely aesthetic.

Personally I plan to hold onto the towers for the rear, but use these at the front. The fact that these may be brighter than incandescent is not to be sneezed at.

Colour temperature is roughly similar for all, though I am now aware that the high-power 194s have 2 white colour temps available. My old one is more blue than the replacement Autolumination sent for my burnt-out one. The hopeful news is that the new one perfectly matches the 4300k HIDs.

But because they are glaringly different from each other, I've ordered a new pair altogether... Raybrig from Warden... :shifty:

BH, this is true but there are a couple of points to consider. These are visible from all angles so do their job very effectively, and the housing illumination factor is merely aesthetic.

Personally I plan to hold onto the towers for the rear, but use these at the front. The fact that these may be brighter than incandescent is not to be sneezed at.

if they are in fact bright than incandescent then i will upgrade to them...

Colour temperature is roughly similar for all, though I am now aware that the high-power 194s have 2 white colour temps available. My old one is more blue than the replacement Autolumination sent for my burnt-out one. The hopeful news is that the new one perfectly matches the 4300k HIDs.

But because they are glaringly different from each other, I've ordered a new pair altogether... Raybrig from Warden... :shifty:

they have two different colors?!?

those raybrigs may turn out to be nice bulbs...and it seems that warden is beginning to now carrying the high power 194's..

I'll keep you posted Don.

And just to clarify, the original pair of white high-power 194s from Autolumination were matched, but one of them burned out. The replacement does look slightly different, leading me to believe that they have changed the design slightly...

well the bulbs themselfs may be able to be seen for all angles, I'm far more concerned with evenly lighting the entire housing as the optics within extend outward the angles an regular bulb can do, not to mention the even pattern looks far better, I mean lets face it, while effective, since you use load resistors they are purely for looks.

currently I do not know where I would use these, except possible in gauges, but I feel its so close you could get a ver bright hotspot, and then fading patterns througout, I may buy 1-2 samples and put them in gauges along side others to see any performance differences