Very Interesting New 3 Watt Led 1156/7 Bulb!

Troutman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are fragile buggers, it doesn't take much to kill them. When your package arrives you'll find a couple of white single-LED bulbs, they are actually an older design from Narva, but should tide you over. The 5-LED remains the best bulb for rear plates.

They will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can do testing and put this issue to rest. Though I agree they need to make 360 degree versions a priority. We're so close to pwning incandescent...

crazy thought indeed...the idea that they made be bright..i await anxiously...although i'm beginning to get ancy at the thought of them being brighter..

all 3 cars run led, now granted the M's tails are stock, the guages, and interior lights are led, no problems, millenia, all brake, turn, gauges and maplights, no problems ever, or in the trunk, now in the jeep, all the dome lights, marker lights, gauges, and everything, no failures except for 2 ofthe gauges 194 bulbs, which were traced to a bad install by me, but keep in mind they flash every single time with the led markers whenever I lock or unlock the doors, so in a given day they probably flash 16 times or more for over a year now

the verdict is, while they are indeed brighter, the beam is not as wide as a 194 matrix. I'm thinking of using these in the front amber markers on the quater panel

I believe I will still be converting to 7440 towers for my reverse lights

Umm are you talking about 194 superstars or 3 watt 115x/744x?