Good point by Ski

///BHRpowered

War Time Death Percentage

If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 U.S. troops in Iraq during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should pull out of Washington immediately.

* This post made by skiusa

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesm but the murder rate in d.c has also gone up.,

its funny how the news is so quick to jump to how many americans were killed, yet they never mentioned how many of the sand ***** took a dirt nap, if you search around, it was something like 16k in 06.

and lets be reasonable, its been about 4 years to be fair, more time then we spent in ww1 and ww2, yet look at the death rate there. War is ugly, but its full of truth, there is no fake hippy peace

xedos, no, the number was much higher, and that is not the point of this thread. even if you take number killed in combat (because thats what happens in war) and 9/11 combined, its still less then half of how many iraqs died in 06 alone.

fyi, I'm massivly pissed about this whole "first 100 hours" thing

No unnecessary death is acceptable. I forsee our descendants referring to this war as being Vietnam repeated. I'm sure anything positive will have been overshadowed with negative when the US finally pulls out of Iraq.

I was talking about americans killed "deliberately", caused by whoever was in charge for 9/11 compared with the Iraq operation. I find that to be a most relevant comparison, albeit not in this thread.

I'm also quite certain Iraq will be a new Vietnam situation, which again was a repetiton of the Korea situation etc. There are some people, unfortunately in important positions, who have major lack in skills as far as learning from history is concerned...

first of all, no one is innocent, and no its not half. just because they don't wear a uniform doesn't mean shit, you have a gun hidden, even try to stone another solider and you are in the fight

I think I should go to iraq, a license to kill and not having to take the time to dispose of the bodies, damn, think of how much justice I could install

War Time Death Percentage

If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 U.S. troops in Iraq during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should pull out of Washington immediately.

* This post made by skiusa

that is really crazy...