Bill Cosby

mts

Well done Bill Cosby.

NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian. This is why!!

Can't Blame White People

by Bill Cosby

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,

Where you is,

What he drive,

Where he stay,

Where he work,

Who you be..

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English...

except these knuckleheads.

Mushmouth is what they speak!

You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education,

and now we've got these knuckleheads throwing that all away.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting.

They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry

when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18?

And, how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father?

Or who is his father?

clothes on backward:

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward,

pants down around the crack,

isn't that a sign of something?

They're walking around with their nasty underwear showing, and

holding onto their pants to keep them from falling to the ground!

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?

Isn't it a sign of something

when she has her dress all the way up to her panty line,

and got all types of needle piercings

going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?

We are not Africans.

Those people are not Africans;

they don't know a thing about Africa.

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education

is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed.

Today a woman has eight children

with eight different 'husbands' --

or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players

who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players

who can't write two paragraphs.

We as black folks have to do a better job.

Someone working at Wal-Mart

with seven kids saying...

you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other

to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer.

It is not for media or anyone of this time

anymore to say whether I'm right or wrong.

It is time, ladies and gentlemen,

to look at the numbers.

Fifty percent of our children are dropping out

of high school.

Sixty percent of the incarcerated males

happen to be illiterate. There's a correlation.

Tell the media to stop asking me what I think about people who don't believe what I'm saying or feel that I'm too harsh or feel that I'm just running my mouth because I'm old.

Seventy percent of the teenagers pregnant happen to be African American girls.

Don't ask me to soften my message.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's getting to the root cause of the issues, and colour has nothing to do with it. In the poorer suburbs of Melbourne there are white 18 year old non-males everywhere pushing prams. Their drug-affected communities need real attention and money spent on education and support over a period of decades... otherwise they ain't going nowhere. ;)

Trout, you truly are great !

Thank you for seeing past the crap and pointing out that's it's a society at large problem and not just confined to one group of people.

You can make figures support whatever argument you want to make. To me, that crap up there would simply suggest that there are more white 13 - 18 year olds having abortions or leaving their babies on a convent doorstep.

In the UK we have the Brummie accent, the Geordie accent, the Scouser accent etc., etc., each with a language of their own and certainly no different to what Bill Cosby is talking about here.

The grunges, goths, grebos , punks whatever all dress just as bizarrely.

What is the matter with that man ?

MTS, why do you insist on posting such vitreolic diatribe ? :dry:

Root cause is not societal, I am tired of being blamed for others poor fuck'n choices, especially because I fit into the middle class. Yes, I make more than the average, yes I am part of the "so-called majority", yes I am male, but I went to school, worked my ass off and am reaping the benefits. As everyone of the people in a civilized country have the option to do. Tired of the excuses, everyone is looking for excuses for their inability to look at the big picture and make life decisions that will bring them into the right path. If it offends anyone TOO FUCK'N BAD. I pay a lot of taxes because losers have excuses and blame society for their stupid mistakes.

I have NO sympathy.... the choice was there in highschool, hell elementary school to drink and do drugs... yes I drank my way through school... maybe I could have done better... but I have a good life now. Difference is I made the choice to pursue something greater. Equal opportunity exists for those who want to take it.... those who don't.... there is Darwinism

Are you getting the picture yet..... I provoke conversation.... no matter what the topic... even if it is inciting a riot. :shifty:

I know there is a cycle of poverty.... anyone who has been to a WalMart can see that.

No-one blames the middle classes and there are millions of people making poor choices every day regardless of their societal status.

To say that equal oportunity exists also tends to indicate that you must live on some other planet not called earth.

Equal opportunity means opening doors to everyone yet we see time and time again how such doors are firmly closed to people because of their gender, age, colour, race, religion, disability etc., etc. through covert and even overt discrimination.

It always used to piss me off when Oprah Winfrey on her ego-boosting show regularly claimed that she believed everybody was put on earth for a purpose......well, she would say that with her billion dollar fortune, wouldn't she. But the thousands of people who are butchered and abused everyday wouldn't share her sentiment.

You forget the nature versus nurture factor, when people are born into drugs and abuse, it all but destroys their ability to break out of the cycle. Us who haven't been there would not understand.

Well ain't that true Trout, very well said. :clap:

Those born in a home with boose and/or being beaten are inclined to end up beating their own kids, let alone drink. Of course someone manages to break the pattern, but some ARE given poorer odds. Let's face it, some parents aren't even able to help their kids with their homework :sigh:

That is when other role models in life need to be chosen, once the student exceeds the teacher trouble can set in. Hell most "parents", though they should have never been allowed to have offspring, never finished school themselves. We are creating a society where ignorance and ineptitude is allowable and a fault of the "system" (BULLSHIT), I fear for the future. For what is the next excuse? OOOPS I was never taught that the red button let loose the missiles... it was the systems fault.

That is when other role models in life need to be chosen, once the student exceeds the teacher trouble can set in. Hell most "parents", though they should have never been allowed to have offspring, never finished school themselves. We are creating a society where ignorance and ineptitude is allowable and a fault of the "system" (BULLSHIT), I fear for the future. For what is the next excuse? OOOPS I was never taught that the red button let loose the missiles... it was the systems fault.

Schoolage kids are hardly able to choose other role models yet; after all kids are very loyal to their parents and choose to believe they do as parents are supposed to.

THey have no problem chosing.... they all want to be like Mike... LOL

I will never understand the "logic" where we, as tax payers, have to bail out morons that should never have had kids in the first place. I do not care how bad life is... I would bring a child into a bad situation so they share the misery. But, oh yeah, I am educated and arrogant... I forgot ;) I will NEVER have sympathy for such cases, only disdain because I not only pay for my children, but also have constantly hear how these people need more money and I will end up paying through taxation with NO CHOICE. Talk of a broken system, no matter who we vote in, they cave to the loudest, sympathetic, tree hugging, socially inept members of the population. Ever notice how SYMPATHETIC has PATHETIC in it?