Bill Cosby

mts

Like it or not, that's the way a modern welfair society works. Our tax money goes partly to secure people not willing to make a living, but thankfully that is a small percentage. The major part goes to those not able, and that is ok with me.

On a related note; surely it pisses me off when I have to pay more insurance because morons in my region chrash their cars more frequently, but there isn't much I can do about it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh now you are opening a bag of worms.... insurance.... $1800 per year because I live near a metropolis.... :angry:

See Dallas... this has turned into a thread with posts that more than smilies and triviality... hence the reason I post these things....

You can post whatever you like, doesn't really bother me apart from the fact that the posts are usually negative and directed at one group of people.

Try and find something positive/constructive for a change.

Xedosman has touched on a relevant point though. A lot of our taxes go towards fixing people who smoke (or inhale other people's smoke), people who drink themselves silly, higher premiums from wreckless driving and pointless crime, nuclear weapons and defense programs, keeping politicians mistresses in the lifestyles they're accustomed to, maintaining the royal family's 17 or so properties. In comparison to all of that, the amount we pay for people on hard times is small, I would reckon.

At the end of the day, there are only so many well-paying jobs around...not enough for everyone so with the best will in the world some just will not get the break they need and deserve.

Winona Ryder was caught shoplifting and prosecuted but that didn't stop her making films and picking up paychecks. Someone else steals food to feed their family and gets caught. They get a record and will most likely never get the chance to hold down a decent job again...equal opportunity ? I think not.

We are fortunate...for now, but things could change in an instant and end up becoming one of those stats that MTS despises. If someone stops me in the street and asks for some change, nine times out of ten, I will put my hand in my pocket. I don't care because I think that could easily be me.

If we want to talk factually, the question is what percentage of GDP goes towards welfare compared to, say, military spending. And are there statistics showing that welfare benefits the 'middle class' through reduced crime rate? Try living somewhere with no minimum living standards like DR Congo for a while, it's not pretty for anyone.

Either way, for as long as taxpayers money is going towards killing civillians in Iraq so Bush etc can profit, these issues are statistically and morally insignificant.

You can post whatever you like, doesn't really bother me apart from the fact that the posts are usually negative and directed at one group of people.

Try and find something positive/constructive for a change. I often post things that show up in my email, it is not like I go looking for it... but if I did wnat to waste my time... I could find all kinds of SHIT to post and piss off people enough to spark conversation.

We are fortunate...for now, but things could change in an instant and end up becoming one of those stats that MTS despises. If someone stops me in the street and asks for some change, nine times out of ten, I will put my hand in my pocket. I don't care because I think that could easily be me.

We are fortunate, fortunate enough to had made good choices. Yes I despise certain demographics in life, for I think they have gotten themselves there and do not deserve to be given anything let alone paid attention to. BUT I will say there are unfortunate cases (maybe 1% of all who are there) that are in need, and when given help, they find a way out and get their lives back on track. The rest that abuse and suck the life out of the system... well in my opinion.... nah won't say it.

Try and find something positive/constructive for a change. I often post things that show up in my email, it is not like I go looking for it... but if I did wnat to waste my time... I could find all kinds of SHIT to post and piss off people enough to spark conversation.

Nice company you keep then ? You part of a supremist group or something, cause I certainly don't get crap like that in my inbox ? Yes, I'm sure you'd find a lot of SHIT out there because there are a lot of shitheads out there !

We are fortunate, fortunate enough to had made good choices. Yes I despise certain demographics in life, for I think they have gotten themselves there and do not deserve to be given anything let alone paid attention to. BUT I will say there are unfortunate cases (maybe 1% of all who are there) that are in need, and when given help, they find a way out and get their lives back on track. The rest that abuse and suck the life out of the system... well in my opinion.... nah won't say it.

:sigh: How do you know it's just 1%. It's not about making good choices it's about opportunity which as we mentioned earlier is certainly not equal. There's a lot of middle class kids who make bad choices all the time cause their rich daddy will just bail them out when the time comes. You just haven't got a clue !

There are those too Dallas that are too lazy to work or try to lift themselves up. They choose to use the system to their advantage. And quite often they get away with it and brag about it.

Welfare pays a person to have kids. The more kids you have, the more money you are given. The government needs to stop paying them for having children and provide them a job to earn what they get.

Jobs such as road clean up, street cleaning, janitorial services and other such jobs that I cannot even think of right now.

Nice company you keep then ? You part of a supremist group or something, cause I certainly don't get crap like that in my inbox ? Yes, I'm sure you'd find a lot of SHIT out there because there are a lot of shitheads out there !

UMMM NO I AM NOT. Never once did I refer to anyone of racial background. NOR do I take it lightly when anyone makes comments to the same. Yes, I have problems with the poor, and I have been in many circles where all co-exist. I have even been at a point in life where I was without work... BUT I NEVER TURNED TO DRUGS, CRIME, OR THE SYSTEM. I worked my way out of it, and got back to where I am now. So I do know of the situation and CHOSE to get out of it.

:sigh: How do you know it's just 1%. It's not about making good choices it's about opportunity which as we mentioned earlier is certainly not equal. There's a lot of middle class kids who make bad choices all the time cause their rich daddy will just bail them out when the time comes. I can agree there... maybe we should just shoot a squeegee kid. You just haven't got a clue !

I do have a clue as stated above, I have been knocked down. Difference is, I chose to get back up and work my way back to where I am today. I will never have any sympathy for those who do not try. It seems you are far more deluded in thinking there are more people out there that actually want a hand up, thinking they want to come off the system and actually work... BAH. I will agree there is a cycle of poverty, but there are ways out if someone wants to work hard and find them.

I did exactly the same thing. I found myself out of work years ago and straight away went for Plan B. Literally started at the bottom and worked my way up. Had to dispense with the old pride for a while but it paid off.

Though you may be correct to some extent, you cannot simply over-generalise and tar everybody with the same brush. But yes, there a large amount of benefit fraudsters and welfare spongers who spoil it for the majority.

I was out of work too, as many others around 15 years ago. Said goodbye to my dole money and took another year, if useless, in school, but my strategy worked, straight into a job afterwards. Being patient always helps; ended up being headhunted eventually, to a job with seniority.

I know for a fact most people out of work here have their reasons, not being able, as there are pretty harsh conditions to get such a pension. Now there might be some not too keen people recieving dole money, but at least you need to have had a job earlier to be granted pay. And you also need to be pretty active searching for a new job to keep the money flowing. Been there, done that. So MTS, us europeans seem to disagree ever so slightly with you in this issue...

You guys tend to be a little more understanding than I am... that might be a good thing. And there is a HUGE difference between unemployment insurance which is finite, and welfare which just creates, for the most part, useless members of society that refuse to work... because the minimum wage is actually less money than some single crackwhore gets for the 3-4 bastard kids she is abusing... OOPS I am off on my hatred tangent again... I will stop here.

Food, bus, rent, babysitter, and utility (monthly bills) stamps is what the government should hand out. I see no reason for the government to hand cash to the poor...there's probably a reason they're poor, and wise financial management isn't it.

I don't know about other regions, but here, it's painfully obvious when welfare checks are handed out. Go to any liquor/*Warnings will be issued if this continues* store and ask any employee when is the busiest time of the month. I guarantee you'll hear the term 'kings for a day' come from at least one employee.

As a third job I delivered pizza (I like to drive, it was fitting). You could mark months in advance some of the 'regulars' orders. White trash welfare motherfuckers living in co-op housing and dropping $45 on pizza. I'm not broke, not on welfare, and not too fucking lazy to get my own food, and there's no way in hell I'd spend $45 on pizza.

I agree with Troy, paying taxes so some fat lazy bitch can stay home 'raising' her 4 kids (with 4 different fathers) is offensive to anyone with the least bit of determination. I'd go a step further and change (un)employment insurance too. Why should someone that's been working at the same job for 35years pay the same percentage of their income, as someone that's on it on a yearly basis? That's horseshit. It should be filed just like car/house insurance. The more claims you make, the higher percentage you pay.

Thanks Ren. Maybe it is only us Canadians that have to deal with and pay for this corrupt a system... :whistling: I think ANY liquor store, bar or corner store caught cashing WELFARE cheques should be closed down permanently.

And I wholy agree about the EI system needing a revamp.

Actually here it kind of works that way, if you get support to buy say household gear, you actually need to show the receipt you actually bought it to be granted money.

I am still not agreeing though, as much as there are such mums here as well. Of course you may disagree in the terms of how a welfair society works, but BANG! one day you end up with a stroke and is put in a wheelchair, just like that. maybe not too bad afterall, still being able to live a decent life, huh?

Actually I find it amusing when our local heroes get their pension, calls a cab and straight to the store to buy b*e*e*r, with the cab waiting of course. You see, what they really do is canalize government money to our little town; the cabdriver makes a living, as well as the store keeper. Neat deal I say.

You guys need to relax :P

To add to my previous post, Trout said that paying the poor is a social benefit because they commit fewer crimes. That may be the case, but I fully believe the social benefit to lower taxes would trump the crime committing cowards. Taxes like anything else have an elasticity of supply. Mexico proved this by generating more in tax revenue by lowering taxes. Black market jobs dropped significantly also as a result.