2010 Mazda 3

///BHRpowered

Seriously, what were they thinking. The old mazda3 I thought was over board in terms of price and features for its class, but still a good car at a semi decent price with decent styling.

This new thing is just ass ugly and has many features very high end luxury only cars had 5 years ago - thats how companies lose respect.

Mazda shoots for the youth, competes with scion. Because they couldnt caught other japanese in normal cars.. They try stylish, aggressive looking cars with um decent engines (2.5 for a small-size car?).

With the increasing greeny car demand I think there will be no mazda in the future. They dont have a hybrid technology yet, they used ford's and plan to buy from toyota. Wankel engines suck big time in terms of fuel economy. They burned hydrogen in it but H2 turned out to be a hype. Oh yeah they put that funny looking grille to Mazda3 to increase aerodynamic. They are trying to sell a 0.01 increase in drag coefficient increases mpg, screw that. And I have no idea why there is no diesel Mazda3 in US (or is there?). Mistakes and mistakes...

Mazda may not have hybrid technology, but their approach to environmental improvement is still present. They went their own way and just introduced their own stop/start technology on gas engines, a pretty neat solution too.

Whether Mazda will survive; I believe their Zoom Zoom campaign was a mistake, not because people don't want Zoom Zoom but they do want reliability as well. Whoever made the huge mistake to swap steel supplier, from which the entire car is built, to inferior quality has led to similar consequenses as Mercedes Benz and other euro brands suffer to this day. Merc has spent billions on rust repairs since 1996, why did Mazda make the same mistake in 2002? Typical result when economics try to run a business, in favour of engineers. Engineers should run a business based upon advice from economics. Economics should not decide anything. I mean; look at the world.

I was not aware of the rust issue.

There is a TDi Mazda3 here. The frontal styling is quite extreme for my tastes, as is that of models like the Peugeot 308. I suspect the next generation cars will move back to more sedate themes.

I cannot comment on Mazda's approach to sustainability, but they are certainly not pushing new ground in any significant area compared to Toyota's parallel hybrid, GM Volt's series hybrid, Mitsubishi's fully electric mass production car, Mercedes' diesel electric, Audi's ultra high efficiency diesel etc etc. It will be some years before this is a concern though because none of the above vehicles is going to be truly mass market any time soon. At least they are not caught with their pants down lacking competitive smaller cars.

mazda has publically said they will no develop hybrids, which is good, but will focus on an all electric car, which is hella bad

Either way the moment a company tries to move cars to new areas and over design, over price, and then try to tell you its just an improved version has lost all respect

The current mazda3 has more features then a millenia, and base now costs MORE then what a fully loaded 6 use to cost.

Hell a 6 use to max out at 17k for everything, now the 3 is like 19 starting. And this was only 05ish so don't pull inflation.

I'm sure the Good Xedie is on the way as we speak.

I am sure he is not checking 3 treads..

Hah! ;)

Apparently Mazda chose an inferior steel supplier when steel prices went through the roof, I've heard got six times (!) more expensive. The new steel is just bad, and I guess the minor layer of zink just isn't enough to improve it. Combined with socalled environmentally friendly seals and paintwork where the color layer is water based and will suck in water once there is a minor chip in the clearcoat, rust appears in huge amounts on cars used in cold climates with sand and salt during winter. My 6 just went through a $14k rust repair job. Which is fine with me, part from I had to pay like $1200 from my own pocket because the car is more than 3 years old and paint warranty is out. I'm still grumpy about the whole thing. The Xedos is 9 years old and has no sign of similar rust in spite of double the milage during same conditions. I recommend to avoid any Mazda built after 2001 on salted roads. Nothing less, I, the enthusiast since 1976, recommend avoiding Mazda. This is a HUGE mistake made by Mazda, just wait and see. Just in the small town where I got the car fixed, close to 200 Mazda 6es has been repaired since like 2003. We're talking thousands of cars in little Norway.

I'm sure the Good Xedie is on the way as we speak.

I am sure he is not checking 3 treads..

Hah! ;)

Apparently Mazda chose an inferior steel supplier when steel prices went through the roof, I've heard got six times (!) more expensive. The new steel is just bad, and I guess the minor layer of zink just isn't enough to improve it. Combined with socalled environmentally friendly seals and paintwork where the color layer is water based and will suck in water once there is a minor chip in the clearcoat, rust appears in huge amounts on cars used in cold climates with sand and salt during winter. My 6 just went through a $14k rust repair job. Which is fine with me, part from I had to pay like $1200 from my own pocket because the car is more than 3 years old and paint warranty is out. I'm still grumpy about the whole thing. The Xedos is 9 years old and has no sign of similar rust in spite of double the milage during same conditions. I recommend to avoid any Mazda built after 2001 on salted roads. Nothing less, I, the enthusiast since 1976, recommend avoiding Mazda. This is a HUGE mistake made by Mazda, just wait and see. Just in the small town where I got the car fixed, close to 200 Mazda 6es has been repaired since like 2003. We're talking thousands of cars in little Norway.

Heck looking underneath my car I am sure I have the same steel. I saw similar rust in 01-02s and cant remember any member with a rusted pre 01. Damn Mazda.

In addition the roof was replaced due to a snow incident from a tall building. I used my insurance for that $8k repairjob.

We're talking what the car is worth in total, give or take. The rear fenders as well as inner fenders were replaced, new seals with paintwork done on three doors plus rear door (estate). The front fenders and sills, hood and front bumper were painted also, at my expense. The car is immaculate now part from the door incident due to the cunt I ran into during holiday. Question is how long will that last...