Carcapsule - 10 Years Later

Well well, In just 3 more weeks MW.net will have its 10 year anniversary....

That being said, I'v had the Millenia in a carcapsule for 10 years now, some people have asked about it over the years so here's what you need to know.

Pro's -

Keeps the Millenia spotless and clean, not a spec of dust or single inspect since its positively pressurized.

Removed moisture from air

Set it and forget it, zero maintenance required

Material has held up very well, no rips, tears or sign of degrading materials

Has prevented damage to car by falling objects from earthquake

Far superior to even a high end custom cover

Con's -

Not very easy to get on and off, have had to buff mirrors and rear spoiler where it's rubbed paint

Fan went out around the 7 year mark, ordered a replacement and it has been fine since

Zippers, possibly biggest complaint is the poor quality zippers and how hard it is to seal up. Have ripped apart several of these and 1 zipper currently damaged to where I cannot open capsule.

Yellowed/faded/cloudy. Not really possible to clean and once its dirty it just stays that way. Used in a windowless garage yet still shows fading.

Being hard to get on and off it's annoying if you want to do work on vehicle

Overall, possibly the single best investment I'v made for any vehicle, ever. So if you've been on the fence for the past 10 years, go get one.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

www.carcapsule.com

I have a CC18 which gives plenty of room for the Millenia. They make bigger and smaller sizes, an outdoor reflective version etc. A high end custom cover is around 300-350, an oem cover for a higher end car can be around 500, so it is still a good deal.

If you have a something you plan on driving very rarely but want to keep in perfect condition without access to a museum - this is the way to go.

• 5 years later...

Maybe a bump? now at 15 years. I've added an outdoor capsule for the Jeep WL during winter months.

In the past 5 years I had to replace the power supply as the plastic cracked and it wanted to spark, more my fault really.  A single fan needed replacement but this could have been due to running it a season without a filter - The new design filters are only good for a few years, old ones were much better.

What I will say is the indoor capsule has yellowed in a few places but all the dust and grime that floats in the air is starting to be noticeable. I tried pressure washing the outdoor capsule with only mixed results. Still does its job

I cannot stress this enough, I highly recommend putting a car cover over the car FIRST and then the capsule. You can remove cover if needed but it goes a long way in protecting paint during covering/uncovering.