Interesting Mazda Advice

So the other day I was at Mazda picking up a part :shifty: and some nonmale was in there picking up a cx-7 from an oil change, and naturally bitching about gas prices, now the tech talking was one I have had experiance with and general knows his stuff, he said that although it requires premium the best thing to do is run a full tank of prem through every 3rd fill up, and run regular the mid grade the rest of the time. bullshit I say.

Never ending discussion this one... I run 95 RON in my 2,5, that is what you call midgrade I guess. It is what my engine is supposed to have, and it works for me. I believe carbon buildup has more to do with how you use the car than what fuel you run. Same old story, avoid short trip driving and you're fine. That is what causes all kinds of problems including carbon buildup. Just my opinion.

The CX-7 has the 2,3 turbo engine right? In theory running lower octane will do no harm but make you loose power due to retarded timing to avoid engine knock. At least when gunning it. This is how it works on Saabs anyway. They've built turboed cars since 1976.

Soccermums would never notice powerdrop during their leftlane while putting on lipstick driving.

I partly agree with xedos thats its the way its driven, a granny drivn car will have more, logner trips, and people who use all the revs are much less likly to have any build up, when I use to go to autothority when they were servicing my millenia next to ferrari's the techs would recommend high speed cruising above 100mph for a few minutes every few months, the increased substained revs does wonders for knocking out any buildup and keeping things running smooth.