Led Cruise Problem: Solved

///BHRpowered

Yesterday and today I did extensive testing to fix my cruise control, the following tests were performed

All brakes and turns LED w/resistors for turns

All brakes LED and regular turns

3 out of 4 brakes LED and LED turns w/resistors

Outer LED brakes, inner regular, LED turns

All produced a non working cruise control

both turn signals w/regular bulbs and a single outer bulb

inner LED brakes, outer regular, LED turns

Both of these tests allowed the cruise to work

I tried several different combinations of resistors both in ohm and power, the bigger 50w 6ohm resistors on both outer tails did not work

*What does work is the following*

With all brake leds and rear turns converted to LED you need the standard 6ohm resistors on the turns to prevent the hyper flash, and then on the outside brake lights (inner does not work for some reason, make sure its the outer) you need a 25w, 15ohm resistor, 1 for each side outer light (2 total people) I purchased mine from www.superlumination.com along with the leds. They must be connected to the brake ground and brake High wire. On the 01-02 wiring and I believe all other years the outer brake will have 3 wires going to it. The black is the ground, the Green is the postive/high. If this is not the case and my memory is just rusty the Black wire will be the ground and whatever wire the postive from the turn signal is, the wire with the same primary color (ignore tiny strip) from the outer brake will be the brake high.

Now, incase your resistors do not come labelled with +/- as most small watts ones do not, put the resistor down flat so the wording reads right side up from left to right, the incoming wire on the LEFT side is the postive, that is the one to connect to the green, then the remaining one to the black ground. The resistors should come with simple vampire clips so its very easy, very secure, and water proof.

outerwires.jpg

Not that I'll ever need this info, but it's good to know. Get rid of the piggy-back clip though, those are good for nothing and eventually just cause problems....solder the wires.

And cruise on an automatic...that should be banned. It's fucking boring enough as it is, there's no need to have a lulaby in the background too.

ren, the only time I use cruise is on long trips at highway speed, and its not like I'm some nonmale who leaves it on for 5 hours, I turn it on for a few minutes here and there to move around stretch out etc, since I do not stop on roadtrips except for gas, and even then don't get out of the car this helps quite a bit

also, what do you mean about the vampire clips, they seem pretty secure, I think the turn signal ones have been on for over 2 years

Hate cruise control, never use it, and it takes something that's boring to begin with and makes it worse. Unless you're actually a parapalegic (not being an ass) no one should be allowed to buy an automatic car. Not only does driving an auto give people the idea that they can now eat, drink, apply make-up, etc. since they're not doing anything else, I can almost guarantee it promotes traffic congestion. How many fuckin rubberneckers would stop to look at shit if they knew they would have to shift?

As for the clips, I've just had bad experiences with them. Solder is more secure and makes better contact.

although im fully capable of doing such heinous acts while driving, i cant get myself to do it cuz i like driving too much. i wanna experience there is about the car. as for automatics, well its just for those ppl who are tired of shifting every damn time. (i love manuals. dont get me wrong) but im talking about like an elderly person. however, they shouldnt be driving anyway. im going in circles. and this keyboard is making alot of noise at the computer lab as im going F1 on this ish. ok im done now. :rollin::rollin::rollin:

I most certainly will not, I will wait until I'm done driving, the only thing that comes close is sometimes when waiting for someone or something I will get taco bell or something compact and unmessy and eat it in the jeep with the extra wide arm rest as my table, of course I'm parked and the car isn't even running

• 1 month later...

Instead of putting a 5ohm resistor i will try to connect the old bulb in parallel somehow. Not sure how to do it for now.. It will be a more appropriate way, electrically.

If you have one of the outer brake light bulbs burn out, the cruise will not work either. Needs the 5 ohm resistance for both sides.

• 1 month later...