Caliper Painting

Ghost T H

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on painting my calipers too, while at it replazing discs to Brembo. Due to salt the calipers are partly rusted, which means I will sandblast them, prime them with acid primer and then silver paint. Best option in my book, will not need much cleaning to look clean; dry dust is almost invisible on silver. And I prefer the backside of the pads covered with copper paste, makes the car look well maintained. Just my opinion.

Or have them powder coated copper like I did. Even had the outside rings of the pistons (the parts that come in contact with pads) coated for consistency.

I'm sure that looks good, but I don't know of any powdercoaters near my place. And my Xedos is a daily driver too, wouldn't want it out of service. The acid primer actually does a good job preventing corrosion too.

• 2 weeks later...

No one here has heard of aerospace epoxy?? I've got a can of silver, hardener and application brush downstairs for the milly. Last longer than the spray on, not a PITA (removal) or expensive like powdercoat. The RT has had it since the second week, and still looks brand new two years later. The paint package is only 35 bucks, and even if you have to replace a caliper, car lifetime supply should be 70 total cost (unless you are BHR).

• 3 weeks later...

if they just look rusted on the outside then there fine, but if there in need of being replaced some time soon I would go ahead and do it before spending the time and money to piant.

If they are jsut dirty then get some brake cleaner in the compressed can, clean them up really well, infact I have gone to far as to scrub them wit ha wire brush. Then paint