Adding Remote / Key Fob / Keyless Entry To Base 1995

Synesthesia

Originally posted by Frankzao

I do not have anything yet, actually. I was going to buy an aftermarket alarm kit to open and unlock doors. But after reading about the base model being prewired for factory alarm I have been looking for those companats. The keyless transmitters and other parts, I am not worried about. I have found everything but the reciever. Still looking for that.

Here's a shot of my trunk with the seat back cover removed. Keyless entry unit is on the left while the door lock module and relays are on the right:

IPB Image

Here's a shot of the keyless entry unit mounted in position. There should be a lone, unused connector waiting for it coming from the adjacent wire loom.

IPB Image

Here's a shot of the connectors that attatch to the door lock module and relays for rear defogger, trunk release and seat heaters (if equipped).

IPB Image

Here's the difference between door lock modules between keyless equipped cars vs. the base model millenias. The number on the black module is BC1E67830 while the green module has a 'D' instead of an 'E' (BC1D67830) in the number. The green module is for keyless equipped millenias. The black module is used in base model millenias without keyless entry. Without the green module, the function that allows the driver's door to be unlocked separately from the other three is disabled. The H300 relay is the same one used underneath the hood for the cooling fans and A/C clutch as well as on the rear defroster:

IPB Image

Here's a shot of the relay and door lock control unit mounted:

IPB Image

thanks.

So if I use the black relay will all the doors open then? Does the green one open all the doors as well (on say a second push) or just the driver's door?

I found these programming instructions on an item on eBay. Are they right?

'Here are programming instructions (they must be programmed together):

Turn the key on/off 3 times...removing the key each time

Then, push the driver's door jam switch 3 times...wait until you hear two beeps..

then push the lock button twice on each remote...then turn the key on and back off....takes practice

you need to be fast.'

With the green module, one quick press of UNLOCK will unlock just the driver's side door. Pressing and holding UNLOCK will unlock the driver's side door then the other three doors after a momentary pause. With the black module, pressing the UNLOCK button won't do anything unless you press and hold it. Doing that will unlock all four doors simultaneously instead of the driver's side first, then the other three.

The programming procedure sounds right. Just omit turning the key on and off for the last part. It bongs at you when it enters the keyless remote program mode. After you've finished programming your remote(s), it bongs again once it times out to let you know it exited the keyless remote programming mode.

1. ignition key 3 times

2. door jamb switch 3 times

3. BONG (entering programming mode)

4. press a button on remote 2 times

5. BONG (successful)

6. wait ~15 seconds to advance to #7 (or goto #4 to program additional remotes)

7. BONG (exiting programming mode)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...