95 Millenia Distributor

hey guys im new to the site as well as farely new to the millenia. i love this car but what i came to find out that the parts for this car is a bitch. every where i go to find some kind of part, no body has, or they give me a speech about how i should have bought a bmw. im getting very irritated. at this point of time the car needs a distributor, and if im not mistaken an supercharger filter. can some one please tell me a better way. the car is a 95 millenia s, 2000 conversion and has only 54,256 miles. i love the car and want to keep it but its breaking the pockets.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys im new to the site as well as farely new to the millenia. i love this car but what i came to find out that the parts for this car is a bitch. every where i go to find some kind of part, no body has, or they give me a speech about how i should have bought a bmw. im getting very irritated. at this point of time the car needs a distributor, and if im not mistaken an supercharger filter. can some one please tell me a better way. the car is a 95 millenia s, 2000 conversion and has only 54,256 miles. i love the car and want to keep it but its breaking the pockets.

RockAuto has a few parts. My local O'Reilly seems to have a few as well. Never had an issue going to O'Reilly and having them tell me I should have gotten a BMW.....maybe a Chevy, but defintely not a BMW...

avoid local auto places, they has no idea what a millenia is, even with something as simple and american as a Jeep I can't find decent parts.

case in point, a millenia S does NOT have a distributor, so either there punching the wrong thing in the computer and have no clue, or just no clue. the 2.3 S uses ignition coils. If you are taking your car to a non-mazda mechanic, STOP, they have no idea either.

2nd, there is no supercharger filter either, so I don't know what there trying to sell you. Air filter, tranny filter, cabin filter?

What do you mean by 2000 conversion? I'm assuming rims, and taillights, beyond that only a few interior difference, nothing in the engine bay.

distributer on an S? Bahahahahahahahhaaaaa

supercharger filter? bahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa :rollin:

BHR speaks truth....

i think so becaus ehe had to go to the back and then come out and say something. so honestly i think that he doesnt know wat the hell hes talkin about or maybe like you said put something in the computer wrong. ill start taking the car to a mazda mechanic because i bring the car to anybody and they look at the car and b 4 i can say anything they say they dont have it. well that bull***T ends today. yea i did everything 2000 the wheels, taillights, headlights, and emblem switch. and for frankzao i said i wasnt to fond of the millenia so i still need to learn things. and everyone else gave me feed back, you laughing isnt solving anything. if thats the case dont post anything at all...

:

BHR speaks truth....

i think so becaus ehe had to go to the back and then come out and say something. so honestly i think that he doesnt know wat the hell hes talkin about or maybe like you said put something in the computer wrong. ill start taking the car to a mazda mechanic because i bring the car to anybody and they look at the car and b 4 i can say anything they say they dont have it. well that bull***T ends today. yea i did everything 2000 the wheels, taillights, headlights, and emblem switch. also a few interior pieces that i picked up from a guy who wrapped his 2000 millenia, nothing under the hood though your right. and for frankzao i said i wasnt to fond of the millenia so i still need to learn things. and everyone else gave me feed back, you laughing isnt solving anything. if thats the case dont post anything at all...

:

BHR speaks truth....

i think so because he had to go to the back and then come out and say something. so honestly i think that he doesnt know wat the hell hes talkin about or maybe like you said put something in the computer wrong. ill start taking the car to a mazda mechanic because i bring the car to anybody and they look at the car and b 4 i can say anything they say they dont have it. well that bull***T ends today. yea i did everything 2000 the wheels, taillights, headlights, and emblem switch. also a few interior pieces that i picked up from a guy who wrapped his 2000 millenia, nothing under the hood though your right. and for frankzao i said i wasnt to fond of the millenia so i still need to learn things. and everyone else gave me feed back, you laughing isnt solving anything. if thats the case dont post anything at all...

95 millenia s, I was not laughing at you. I was laughing at the auto parts store s for trying to find those parts........

my post was to concur and affirm what BHR said. Take no offense.

Good choice on a mazda mechanic, what is the problem with the S? Do you have ANY CEL codes? That we can help with. The S is a beast but if you know how to listen to her when she tells you what's wrong, all can be fixed with ease......

Frank, this isn't the Watercooler remember.

95 Mill, BHR is correct, a very rare occasion might be added. He has refined the art of stating bullshit as facts to an amazing level. You'll find out soon enough.

Welcome to the nuthouse and good luck finding a decent mechanic! Hard enough even at dealers. This place is good for support if you decide to make a go yourself. There are some guys here with great knowledge.

Not fond of the millenia.....does not commute, please restate question.

I love my millenia and will take it to the grave, hopefully I'll have any more, the only downside is the gold color.

Parts stores never carry ANYTHING for the millenia, you might get lucky with an air filter or a few things for the 2.5 but thats it. Anything and everything I order online, and even then it can take some digging.

Were you just interested in a tune up, or are you having any problems with the car?

Not fond of the millenia.....does not commute, please restate question.

I love my millenia and will take it to the grave, hopefully I'll have any more, the only downside is the gold color.

Parts stores never carry ANYTHING for the millenia, you might get lucky with an air filter or a few things for the 2.5 but thats it. Anything and everything I order online, and even then it can take some digging.

Were you just interested in a tune up, or are you having any problems with the car?

thanks guys, i want to fix the car so bad but i just dont have the time. sorry frank, i didnt mean to come at you like that, i just thought that you were laughing at what i said. no not a tune up for the car, but i was driving the car to a funeral when the car shut off on me on the high way. i didnt know what was wrong with the car so i towed it back to my home. i immediately went to the mechanic where he bullshited me but i got a little pay back when i went bavk to him. so im stuck with a beautiful car with low miles thats not running. sucks i know. thinking about it, i might just part it out and buy my 2000 millenia i wanted.

well it shouldn't be dying on the highway, at a stop light maybe an alternator or something, but there is no such thing as a S/C filter, and it certainly wouldn't cause the engine to shut off, if you have no CEL's, and its driving fine, and you didn't hear any weird loud noises or run over something then I don't know what to tell you except o keep an eye on it

2000 was indeed a good year :shifty: I still clearly remember the day I picked mine up on the showroom floor, I wouldn't even let them pull the plastic off from mazda, I pulled off the wheel cover plastic and drove it home, then the next morning I peeled off the protective shipping plastic and truely drove it for the first time

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ima try to keep an eye on it. but i want to get it running asap because im paying insurance on a car that im not even using, so ill make my decision in a few days. if not, then anyone that needs parts let me know. the way the car looks, i would hate to see it leave my drive way. 2000 to me buy far is one of the best years. when i saw the car at the showroom the first time, and it was the millenium edition the sticker price was 32,615 dollars. then couldnt afford iy so i bought a older model. i wanted it to look like that gem in the showroom. but now instead of silver, i want black, the exact same car as you. (love the car by the way) you guys on the site really know about this car and keep the cars well maintained. feels like sometimes in my case, time and effort back fires and instead of begin at the meets, its out of comission. oh well ima post pics so i can show you guys.

well it shouldn't be dying on the highway, at a stop light maybe an alternator or something, but there is no such thing as a S/C filter, and it certainly wouldn't cause the engine to shut off, if you have no CEL's, and its driving fine, and you didn't hear any weird loud noises or run over something then I don't know what to tell you except o keep an eye on it

2000 was indeed a good year :shifty: I still clearly remember the day I picked mine up on the showroom floor, I wouldn't even let them pull the plastic off from mazda, I pulled off the wheel cover plastic and drove it home, then the next morning I peeled off the protective shipping plastic and truely drove it for the first time

Where was the plastic?

saint, I bought my millenia new, it was still more or less shrink wrapped from the factory in that protection white plastic used to protect it during shipping, the whole car was still covered except for the trunk and the windows. I didn't save the plastic as a shrine or anything.

95, is it an S or an L, you say you haven't been driving it, but does it start and run, or did it just die on the highway and never start back up???

trout - all depends, only car I had with a distributor was my old 4.0 Jeep, at 150k it was still working just fine, new wires and plugs of course.

also if you do decide to sell, you might want to talk to thunder, he is really in the market for a millenia if yours is an S, especially with a 99-00 upgrade

saint, I bought my millenia new, it was still more or less shrink wrapped from the factory in that protection white plastic used to protect it during shipping, the whole car was still covered except for the trunk and the windows. I didn't save the plastic as a shrine or anything.

95, is it an S or an L, you say you haven't been driving it, but does it start and run, or did it just die on the highway and never start back up???

trout - all depends, only car I had with a distributor was my old 4.0 Jeep, at 150k it was still working just fine, new wires and plugs of course.

also if you do decide to sell, you might want to talk to thunder, he is really in the market for a millenia if yours is an S, especially with a 99-00 upgrade

Thanks for remembering me BHR.

Yes am looking for a Millly S but I'm the last person to fix cars. Never really got it. lol Looking for a decent one that works and no big problems. Whats a 99-00 upgrade? lol

Willl be looking at the Milly S that I showed you with the scratches tomorrow if the guy responds again.

Either way let us know what the prob is and take some pictures .

99-00 just means different rims, clear tail lights, clear front turn signals, and there are interior difference, the door handles are chrome, the gear shifter is a bit nicer, and most of all, the steering wheel has a 3d mazda emblem on the steering wheel, very nice touch.

the gold one still looks like best condition, but regardless, if your looking at up to 4500 or so, and up to a 13 year old car I would highly recommend learning to do some stuff. I do everything on my Jeep, but on the Millenia and Audi I don't because I choose not to, well audi is brand new, and millenia has never had problems, but I install anything else.