How Damn Long

My car has been in the shop for over 2 weeks today and I am officially pissed off. Everyday I have went up there after three days of it being in the shop and every damn day they tell me oh you will get it back tomorrow. Well I am fed up. I went up there today and he promised it was gonna be done today. Guess what. It's not. Now he is saying I promise you are going to be driving again tomorrow. I am about ready to say fuck it and just take it somewhere else. The only reason I took it to this place is because he told me I would be driving again in no more than three days. The bad part is it is a certified Transmission shop. Coleman taylor is beginning to be a joke. If I have known it was gonna take this long I would have done the damn work myself. I mean seriously. I have never done a transmission swap on a front wheel drive car but I am pretty sure I could have done it myself.

I guarantee you that the reason it's not done isn't because they're overbooked, they just don't want to spend the time with it. In the time it will take them to 'learn' to replace yours, they can have 3 chevy cobalts done. They're just waiting until it's dead there and they have nothing better to do.

Well I got it back today I called him at lunch and he was like um......... well.......... I told him word for word. " Arthur, Have you ever seen one of those lifts come down while someone was underneath the car. Cause accidents happen everyday." I got a call from his boss today at 5 and he was like your car is ready we are closing in two hours so come pick it when you can. I called my other mechanic. Who would have done it for the fact he was so busy I understood. He went and inspected everything. The only thing he found wrong was the linkage was off and he adjusted it right then an there. I told the owner of the shop I was taking 50.00 off for that and another 120.00 off for having to wait. He obliged and just told me that he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

I told the owner of the shop I was taking 50.00 off for that and another 120.00 off for having to wait. He obliged and just told me that he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

Excellent. It wont happen again cause you wont go there.. How much does it cost in total?

I told the owner of the shop I was taking 50.00 off for that and another 120.00 off for having to wait. He obliged and just told me that he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

Excellent. It wont happen again cause you wont go there.. How much does it cost in total?

Ended cost me after I took off the money for there screw ups it cost a total of 331.93 US

If they did a good job, and everything is ok, I'd say they gave a reasonably good discount, and at least they apologized.

I'd base the discount claim on what hiring a rental would cost for the period extending what whas agreed upon. Whether it is a 5 hour job or a three day job is arguably their problem if the price was given up front. Dealers have a calculated time on each operation, asking for that would be a good start when negotiating price. Like the 90k km maintenace on my Xedos, it was supposed to take 8,4 hours or something, while their mechanic spent like 6 hours. I still had to pay for 8,4, because they were to keep the profit of their best mans skills :glare:

Well I got it back today I called him at lunch and he was like um......... well.......... I told him word for word. " Arthur, Have you ever seen one of those lifts come down while someone was underneath the car. Cause accidents happen everyday." I got a call from his boss today at 5 and he was like your car is ready we are closing in two hours so come pick it when you can. I called my other mechanic. Who would have done it for the fact he was so busy I understood. He went and inspected everything. The only thing he found wrong was the linkage was off and he adjusted it right then an there. I told the owner of the shop I was taking 50.00 off for that and another 120.00 off for having to wait. He obliged and just told me that he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

It won't happen again cause you won't take the car back to them ever.