Mazda No. 1 In Reliability

ing-schu@online.no

:hmm: i know in america...no one complained about the audi. and my friend owned an a6 s-type (awd tt 2.7 v6). the only reason he wants to sell it is that it costs him too much to maintain (brakes pads and all that nonsense) other than that...i like audi. however...for a german car: bmw

FIRST OF ALL, if you cannot afford to maintain a higher end car, why would you have one? POOR PLANNING.

SECOND, Audi is like every other car company, the recall only comes when someone has died as a result of the problem.... need I point to the infernal S/C.

If I was ever gonna go Audi which I couldn't see mysef doing by the way, it would have to be the A8.

I had a Mercedes ML270 and the electrics must have been put together by a moron cause things kept going, then you'd have to sell your child to repair a switch...ridiculous.

But remember, according to the advert...in developing the A6, Audi filed more patents than NASA did for one of it's space rocket thingy.

Mecedes ML is another lemon.

Figures about the A6 patents. The front suspension alone probably several. I'd be ashamed of that crap but fair enough. Now the problem in my book is they release them before they're ready, leaving the costomers doing the testing, including cost for repairs. Picking cheapest possible part supplies doesn't help either.

• 3 weeks later...

This list is for UK. Toyota in UK is not the same as Toyota US and Toyota Japan. Reliability in US will be different since they produce most of toyotas in Detroit. Not for Xedos9/Eunos800/Millenia which are all produced at the same facility. Japanese have a stringent process control which is hard to beat. They produce million transmissions and parameters only divert by say 0.001%. And when they outsource a part, it becomes the major problem spot. You know which part i am talking about...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Skoda is returning to Australia as we speak, now that will be interesting.

It surprises me that the VW group would do that. In EU at least, Skoda cars are in direct competition with Vdubs. And some of the Skoda's (at least the ones I drove last summer) were pretty nice. I'd say on par with Passats and A4's. I really do wish more EU car companies would export to North America. All we have here are the big 3, east Asians, the Brits and the Germans. The big 3, the Germans, and the Brits are rather unreliable, and the Asians are bland (at best). We need companies like Renault and Peugot to wake the big 3 up, and push the bland Asians out.