MWM07 : MazdaWorld.net International Gathering

MazdaMomma

:hmm:

After taking into account several other factors how about this.

Meet at bob evans, convey to movie, and then either before or after movie there is dinner somewhere. I'm sort of thinking before, dinner say around 4:30ish, get to a 6ish showing of simpsons.

OR, bob evans, movie, check in to hotel and cabins, hunt for food after that.

Whatever people perfer

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, there is a movie theatre here in Huntington. About 5 or 7 minutes from Bob's. We can park in the parking garage (cost is $1 for 4 hours) where the millies will be safe from harm.

We shall meet at Bob Evans and then do a 4 or 4:30 showing of the Simpson's Movie.

After the movie, we can do dinner or we can go on to the hotel & Carter Caves.

I would prefer to do dinner before the trek to the hotel and Carter Caves.

What do y'all think?

IPB Image

Pinned threads are not to be whored. First and final warning.

I have cleaned the thread down to meet related details, xedos - as for the movies, I personally never buy any food at the movies, it disturbs my viewing experiance, not to mention more over priced then amusement park food. Often times tickets are cheap and the profits made in snacks, Some may get a small drink, that is all.

I will be sending out a mass email later this week with the following details.

Friday - Meet at Bob Evans @ 3:30, meet and greet, catch a 4:30-5:00 showing of the simpsons movie, I find this to be ideal since working people won't be able to crowd the earlier showing.

After movie, find a spot of dinner everyone can agree on, depending what is around

Check into hotels/cabins

Saturday -

Early afternoon bbq

Trading of labor for various millenia services.

From there its open for discussion.

Again, No whoring.

-The Joker

Ok, here are the people who are coming to the meet. Let me know if you cannot make it after all. I HAVE to know by July 19th.

1. MTS

2. Dallas

3. Xedosman

4. MC

5. Gotta

6. BHR

7. Nub

8. Friend of Nub

9. Jdubs

Finally made it to Carter Caves this morning. Mapquest was way off in their estimate about the amount of time it takes to get there from Huntington. They say 1 1/2 hours, we got there in about 45 minutes. Of course, I was doing about 80 - 95 on the way down... :shifty: Speed limit is 70, the road is fairly straight and smooth (except for a stretch of about 5 miles or so where it goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane). Hopefully the resurfacing will be done by then.

The Holiday Inn Express is right off exit 172 in Grayson. If ya miss it, you are retarded. Very easy to get to and very easy to get back on the interstate. There is a Pizza hut right accross from the hotel. Gotta and I might drive back down there tormorrow and check out the town to see what is there. I sort of forgot to look for an AutoZone or Advance... :blush:

My cabin is totally awesome! Very nice... Only 1 problem about the location, not many places to park by that cabin. We might leave all but 1 or 2 cars up by the other cabin when we have the cookout Saturday afternoon. They have no problem with our doing mods and such there as long as we clean up our mess. We might do the mods up at the other cabin where there are more places to park. Yes, BHR, the roads are all paved. The speed limit once you turn into Olive Hill is 55, however, I would not recommend going that fast. The road is somewhat narrow and lots of curves. The speed limit also drops down to 25 and then 20. There is a good reason for that, so I highly recommend doing the limit. You go off the road, you are screwed big time. I don't get cell service out there, but I will check for sure when we go back.

friend of nub might not make it if rx7 deal does not go down. we are still working on that and hope to get the car before the meet. as for me, my tires are pretty much preventing me (once u do a 720 degree on a highway cuz of bad tires, it kinda discourages u to drive it that much) from doing anything just yet. ill contact u mc ( i have ur number...) and give u update.

MTS, I'm the one bringing my millenia of all things outside for over 48 hours, far away from its cave, and in direct burning sun, and I'm CONFIRMED.

Additional, as per the thread I started in the vip section months and months ago, now perhaps you'll see what I'm talking about.

???

camel and camel friend had there own cabin?

I said I will be there, which means beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will be. If I must I will bring the Jeep but I will be there.

Now you see why I don't go in on anything involving money with anyone eles, have about paying to reserve a large picnic area and only have 5 people show up, that was fun

The cost of 1 cabin wasn't too bad. Having to pay for two tho...

It seems that the cabin is available if you want it BHR. You could take 1 room and Jdubs the other. That way everyone will be at the same location.

And Camel and Friend of Camel were sharing with 2 others who are now not coming.

I have already paid for the first night. I had to in order to keep it. Friday was the cut off date. I found out about Camel last night. A little late.

However, he has not said that he absolutely cannot make it yet. I will wait til 4 pm on the 27th before I count him out completely.